How do I stop all of the distortion, mangled sculpts?

Tomera Somerset

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

If sculpties are not rezzing properly, there's a good possibility that your LOD factor is set too low. (Sculpties normally take up to 10 seconds or so to rez for many people, however.)  You didn't say which viewer you are using, so let me give you two sets of directions to choose from.  If you are using Firestorm, use the Quick Preferences button that is on your lower task bar.  Click it and you should see the LOD setting.  Increase it to about 3.5 if it is not already there.  It's probably not a good idea to set it any higher, because that might cause other problems.  If you are using a V3 viewer, you can adjust the same factor by opening your Advanced menu (CTRL + Alt + D) and then Debug Settings >> RenderVolumeLODFactor.  Again, set it to about 3.5.

ETA:  BTW, No matter what your LOD setting is, sculpties will always rez with a lower-quality shape when they are farther away than when they are nearby.  That is normal behavior, meant to save your graphics card all the work of rendering a high-quality view of something that it probably too far away to be worth it.

That occasionally happens to me from time to time. Resetting cache fixes it for me.

Preferences > Advanced > Clear Cache

You have to log out after you press that, then wait for your inventory to load. You can watch its progress by opening the Inventory > Recent tab and wait for the numbers stop fetching.

• Like 1

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Tomera

As well as the great answers already given in this thread, please note that on some sims, there will be some sculpty prims that will appear as torus in shape; several months ago, there was an issue with certain sims, whereby sculpty prims turned into torii.  The problem was fixed, but where land owners have not re-rezzed the item, the misshapen sculpty remains.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.