Sign in to follow this  
Airway

Saving commonly used chat phrases?

How do I save commonly used phrases I use in chat so I don't have to retype them all the time?  I'm guessing these can be saved for use with the function keys(?).  I'm using Viewer 3 on a PC.

Thank you.

In version 3.3.4 (which should be on the beta channel very shortly), there is a new 'autoreplace' feature that does exactly this... you can configure lists of words which, when you type them in any chat input, are automatically expanded in place to whatever you choose.   You can have multiple lists of words, and can export and import lists.

This is loosely based on a contribution from one of the Phoenix developers, but was modified enough that it is not backward-compatible with lists from that version (I hope to get a migration path created in a future update).

Look for the 'Auto-Replace' button the chat preferences panel (it is off by default, so you need to open that floater and enable it, and you can also configure your replacements there).

/me stares and points "It's an actual Linden" :matte-motes-smile:

Thanks, Oz, for posting. This information is much appreciated, not only by the OP.