Deploys for the week of 2012-07-23

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looks like an update to a new version of Magnum RC to me.  I experienced a high crash rate on my home region in this channel so I hope this update was to improve that situation.

Marianne McCann wrote:

I suspect you're plenty busy Oskar, and you may not be able to go much into it, but what happened with Magnum yesterday, preciptating the second roll?

There was a serious security issue reported. We made an emergency fix and released it before it could be exploited. I can't go into the details.

__Oskar

I know you are busy Oskar, but.....

I heard from inworld sailing groups that several Blake Sea sims have been moved onto Magnum RC. 

One of those is "Atlantic". 

This means that any vessel rezzed in Nantucket Yacht Club sim and leaving by the main entrance runs straight into the Magnum RC Havok issue.  I am not able to go there in person to verify this but I take it in trust from a reliable and not ususally Linden-bashing source.

If Linden Lab re-arranged these sims to ease the sailing issues in SL they could hardly have made the situation worse!  This is a ludicrous change, the worst possible conformation.  Surely this was not intentional?:smileysurprised:

I have just visited Nantucket Yacht Club and flown south into the next sim - Blake Sea - Atlantic - and can confirm Blake Sea - Atlantic is now on Magnum RC code. Edited to add this - I see from the map that it's not too bad, can still sail north then east then south and exit into Blake Sea - Galile providing that, too, isn't on Magnum RC! Of course, a Linden Protected sim being added to the West of Nantucket would fill in a gap and provide a third exit for Nantucket sailors!

Changing one of my prim build in RC Magnum Sandbox did indeed lower the land impact from 20 to 11 by simply changing the physics type to convex hull. What I find a little odd though is I tried the same on Le Tigre (Second Life RC LeTigre 12.07.24.262437) and there was no change to the LI however, I was able to link 2 new prims and change the physics shape to convex and that reduced the LI by one?  Not sure if a bug so thought it better to ask first.

Thank you

Black

BlackMagi Darkwatch wrote:

Changing one of my prim build in RC Magnum Sandbox did indeed lower the land impact from 20 to 11 by simply changing the physics type to convex hull. What I find a little odd though is I tried the same on Le Tigre (Second Life RC LeTigre 12.07.24.262437) and there was no change to the LI however, I was able to link 2 new prims and change the physics shape to convex and that reduced the LI by one?  Not sure if a bug so thought it better to ask first.

Thank you

Black

That's because the change to Land Impact is currently only in the Magnum channel. LeTigre still uses the old way as does all of the other channels. When pathfinding is pushed to the whole grid, then all sims will see the same LI.

Ayesha Askham wrote:

Surely this was not intentional?:smileysurprised:

I guess it actually was intentional as Linden Lab is perfectly aware of the problem.  :smileymad:

Sailing and flying in Blake Sea with mesh vehicles is now a guess work.  One has no idea at all where the next RC Magnum region lurks where one cannot get off to anywhere else but to other RC Magnum region.  This is very annoying if we have to wait for many weeks before the whole grid is running the same Havok code.

It would make things a lot easier if the viewer world map could show info for each region about what server channel they are running on.  Then mesh vehicle users could easily avoid RC Magnum regions.  I guess this is hoping too much? :smileyindifferent:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.