Side-by-side Sims on Different Channels

Leroy Voorhees

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have two sims that are side-by-side. One is on the Magnum channel and the other the main channel. Latrly we have been experiencing severe lag near the sim boundries. In tryig to troubleshoot this we have tried everything we can think of but it still exists. Is it possible that these two sims on different versions of server code could be confilcting? Should I request one of them to be changed so they are on the same channels?

Not too sure what you mean by lag near the sim border. There is an issue with mesh objects/attachments having problems crossing sim borders with the magnum server. Users wearing mesh attachments can lag out bad crossing the border and freeze or just get pasted to the wall.

If the problem is causing too many issues with your business then you may want to request putting your region on main channel.

I realize that lag near the borders is a little vague. What some residents are experiencing is the inability to walk near the border or change clothes. When they move away it is better for them. I have had them turn draw distance down which improves their performance but doesn't clear it up.

The sim that is cause us the problems is the one on the main channel. Interestingly, about 6 weeks ago we noticed that all of the spript times on the main channel sim inexplicably were lower than they had been and then about 2 weeks ago they all went back up again. We investigated any changes that the residents might have done at those times but found none

I began to think these unexplained changes in script times might be related to the two server versions somehow. I know it's a stretch but I thought I would ask the question anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.