Especially laggy today and yesterday. Just me?

TheSarali

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Welcome to Second Life Forums, TheSarali

The only difference I have noticed since last Monday, when the kids broke up from school in my locality in RL, is that at certain times of the day I find it hard to keep a stable connection, and am slow.  Other times I am as normal, except, as Charolotte says, when I visit busier places in Second Life.

I suggest you check your graphics card drivers are up-to-date, and also check you haven't got your graphics set too high in the viewer (I sometimes forget to turn mine back down to medium again after taking photos on Ultra). 

Use Viewer Stats to get an idea of whether it is you, the region, or connection (Ctrl-Shift-1).

Your connection quality will be shown by Ping and Lost Packets. 250ms and 2%, respectively, are an arbitrary upper limit. I notice degradation when I see those values exceeded.

FPS is the indicator for how you computer and video card are preferming.

Physics and SIM FPS are locked together now. They give you an idea of how the sim running the region is preferming. Time Dilation tells you if the region is overloading trying to process scripts. PFPS should be 45 for full speed. Between 35 and 45 you probably won't notice much change. Time Dilation below 0.8 means things in the region will show some slowing.

Nat this lag today and yesterday has been pretty universal, though as you say some areas are not as bad as others.  Still overall they are bad and the core of the lag appears to be in lag between commands and their execution, which really is a problem in SL and not in the net.  This problem has been building for awhile and seemed to peak this weekend and was accompanied by increasingly difficult logins and sudden and unexpected crashes. At this point it is making business all but impossible, and really needs to be addressed by LL and not swept under the rug as is apparently being done.

I was having a spate of client crashes a week or so ago (somtimes just 10 minutes after logging in and while not doing anything special).   Looked at a number of things bt being SL one can hardly ever do a true controlled experiement.  But it looks like the fix was resetting my router.   Various people had suggested lowering my bandwidth from its usual 1000 but not one could explain why that would suddenly become a problem.  I did, it didnt seemt o help and now its back to 1000.

I have heard others talk of lag currently, but myself havenot experienced any particlarly bad lag.  But Im tendng to stick to the Estate I live in at the moment (Sailors Cove) its allMain Channel so no versin discrepancies to cope with.   We had mesh boats in our race yesterdy, and NO PROBLEMS.    So Id agree its dependant on where you are.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.