Windows 7 sl crashing (edited)

mutandroid Jigsaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

NOT SOLVED...!!!

I'm using windows 7 64 bit and sl crashing, its happanes in 3 or 5 mins,

what can i do?

i hate this problem, i tried another sl viewers, but same problem

pls help me :(

My comp is;

intel core2 q6600, 4 Gb ram, Nvidia Gforce 210 1 Gb

It's still same, not working correctly

Crashing in 3-5 mins, i can not in sl :( 

I tried another computer configurations, and same......

I think there is a problem with sl, because its not working on windows 7

And i think i'll give up to play sl, if this problem don't solved :(

4 answers to this question

Sounds like a router issue to me. Disable HTTP Textures in the Develop Menu (CTRL+ALT+Q) as a first measure. That may fix it without doing anything else.

There may be compatibility issues with your router. Do a search for "Second Life" and the brand of your router and see if anyone else is having issues with that brand. Some ISP's use various throttling schemes, etc. that will cause problems with Second Life.  Also always connect directly to your DSL router with a cable instead of using wireless.

And I'm not so good when it comes to computer specs but your graphics card seems do be below the recommendations:

https://secondlife.com/my/support/system-requirements/index.php?

Make sure you downloaded the latest graphic card drivers.

• Like 2

Hello, mutandroid.

Please don't start any more new threads. Let's try and keep all the information contained in one thread and see what we can do to help you.

Keep checking back regularly, to see if there are new responses also.

If you have previously been able to access Second Life without such problems of crashing every few minutes, then it does suggest the following to me:

Your graphics card drivers need updating - please go to the nvidia website for free driver downloads

Your system may be overheating - it is amazing how dust accumulates inside a computer and this can cause such problems to graphics cards. 

Please ensure you are using a hard wired connection as opposed to wireless. 

Please also keep this thread updated.  We would like to know what solves your problem.

More answers from others will follow too. Please keep checking back here.

• Like 1

Mutandroid,

Your graphics card is not considered a gamers card per the reviews I'm reading. It is designed specifically for video playback for HD media sources such as HD TV and / or BlueRay Movies.

Make sure you have SecondLife running at the lowest Graphics settings.

You may be very well overheating your Graphics Card when using SecondLife and it fails/bails with a crash. Do you have to reboot your PC afterwards or does it remain useable after the SL crash?

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I'm also experiencing consistant viewer crashes, which began on my end, early this afternoon. What's interesting is that when using iOS Safari 5.1.1., along with Firefox 14.0.1 for Win 7-64, I get similair behavior a few minutes after login   -although it's less frequent. I'm trying recommended solutions to hopefully fix it, I'll be sure to keep SL Support posted if it continues.. Thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.