Sign in to follow this  
Walt Weston

Wrong landmark is offered on my parcel

I have bought a parcel from real estate, and when someone enters my land, they are being offered a landmark.

Fine, but:

The landmark they are being offered refers to another person and another store, which both are totally strangers to me.

I asked the real estate agent, and he told me to contact the person, who's name and store is on the landmark, and ask him to fix it, so I have done that now. I guess it is the previous owner of my land.

But is there anything I can do myself, if this person does not answer me?

The landmark is probably being offered by an object on your land.  Right click on you land (the ground) and select about land from the menu.  Select theobject tab.  Look at the bottom panel, under object owners.  If you 'dont see a list of names, click on the circle arrow (Refresh).  In the list, look for the name of the person that you tried to contact.  

If you find it, click on it to highlight it then click the on the Rerurn Objects button.

TKR

Thank you for answering. I did what you told me to, but the only name which shows up is my own, for all the prims which have been used on the land.

So the message/lm is obviously not coming from an object.

Thanks for your reply too. I do not see a vendor at my land, and do not quite know what you mean. There should be no vendor, when I own the land?

But anyways, I have now written to Support, and hope they will help me get rid of this wrong lm people get, when they arrive on my land.

I think outtaspace means that the vendor is not in your land, but just outside on other land.  That is why you did not see it in the list from About Land.  If that is so, you cannot do anything about it.  You can message  the owner of  the land where the vendor is and ask that it be moved.  

TKR

Hi, Walt.

When I get something from an object, three options show up, keep, discard, or mute.

Untitled-3.png

Now, if I chose discard, a message appears telling me I declined and it has a clickable link to the exact location of the object.

Untitled-4.png

Clicking that link opens up the places window with the option to teleport to it or view it on the map.

I am using Exodus but I believe this would be the same in any V3 based viewer.

That way, you can find out where the item is and let the owner of that land know about it so they can return it, or at least give its exact location in your report.

Thinkerer Melvill: yes Outtaspace is right. There is a vendor on the neighbourland close to the border, which makes the wrong landmarks on my land. I discovered that late yesterday. I hope the owner will come online and read my IM, or Support will help me to solve the problem.

Thanks for replying :-)

Hehe, it happened to me once.

I was looking fort his car and via edit/creator's name/picks i ended up on this gallery, clearly not a car shop. The gallery owner was there, welcomed me friendly and immediately asked if i was looking for cars. He then informed me the former (car builder) left and more people were dropping in, looking for cars but it wasn't a problem because he received visitors. I felt guilty to leave him empty handed so i bought one of his paintings instead of a car.

I still have it, lol....