Can't get on.

kpickering

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am suppose to get on SL for a class.  I have been on in the last month but now I can't get on.  I am using a mac.  I have downloaded the installer.  Everytime I try to go to my university site it stops at saying "handshake" with network.  I am at a public library on my laptop and I have not been having any other issues.  Any ideas? I have even recreated an avatar so I could start over, hasn't worked.  Help.

mommakim

2 answers to this question

The problem is most likely the library and its internet connection.  I suspect that the bandwidth you are allocated is too low to run SL, or the library's network is blocking your access, or both.

Try connecting via a different network.

• Like 1

Welcome to Second Life Answers, kpickering

I agree with Lindal, it does sound like it's probably because you're trying to access Second Life from the library and their network does not allow it.

However, you might be able to get in via one of the  approved third party lite viewers, listed in this link, such as Metabolt or Radegast.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

I say viewer, but you do not get the graphics, but you will be able to communicate with the others in your class, and most importantly, the tutor. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.