i cant load nothing works im on restrained love

princess Tigerfish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i cant load iv tried everything help

im not leached im a cloud i dont no how to camment it is restrained love from errestraint i think firestorm wont work on my laptop as it says side by side configaration not correct i was dancing logged off and am still a cloud but befre i log on it does say second life not responding so can someone please help also on the lag meter on cliet it is on red

8 answers to this question

Mmmm, come to think of it when I last used Marine's it did not have the option to create a desktop shortcut and many people would install it, then go to the  Second Life shortcut icon and try to launch from there. Because the viewers look quite similar they would not notice except that some things RLV in particular would not work.

Marine has a link to my install video on her page http://realrestraint.blogspot.ca/?zx=3fab19e4ae81ee99

Cloud avatars we know about...here's alink to a recent explanation about it. Clouds avatars have been around forever...the current thinking on it is that once you get your avatar to rez (not much help to you right now, but good for the future save a copy of it as your backup avatar in your outifts folder) If you have a saved outfit, you might be al=ble to use it to force a rezz.

Another issue that seems to crop up more and more and cause this problem is the use of more than one tattoo, it does not happen every time and there is a jira open on it. If you are wearing tattoos the fix is to take them off and then put them back on (believe it or not) the problem is intermittent

Now here's the link it includes another link to all of the rendering problems and you can go through that list if the two above don't work for you

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/Cloud-Avatar/m-p/1380751/highlight/true#M12022

As for Firestorm, it is a very hungry app compared tomany of the other viewers...feature packed for sure...but, in my opinion  most of what it has is useful to only a few and it seems to slow it down. I had all kinds of problems with the most recent version because my virus software wanted to indentify a few of their files as threats...specifically the search and voice files. There are fixes recommended by them and their support is pretty good on the Firestorm site. You might have to become a registered user to access some of the stuff. But, the community of users is almost rabid in their support of Firestorm and Phoenix and will because of it bend over backwards to find an answer for you. This is a case where rabid is GOOD.

Marine's is excellent and I have also been using Catznip (a new viewer) with the RLV designed by Kitty Barnett who I think did the RLVa for most of the TPV (not Marines, Marine is the original)

The "side-by-side" error message isn't coming from SL.  That's a windows error.  It's telling you in its obscure way that you have a damaged or missing DLL file ... a dynamic link lbrary that's necessary to run some of the software in the background on your machine.  The easiest way to recover is to try restoring your computer to some earlier state.  When a restore point is created in your computer, a current copy of  important files in Windows are saved and can be restored using System Restore.  The exact method depends on the version of Window you have installed. To see how to do that on your own machine, see http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/f/windows-system-restore.htm .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.