YACHT CLUB OF SECOND LIFE TOOK $1,999 FOR JOINING GROUP(WHICH I DID NOT ASK TO JOIN) I WAS JUST WALK

TiraMishnad4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I DID NOT WANT TO JOIN NO CLUB

LET ALONE GROUP FEE TO JOIN $1,999. I COULD NOT GET A HOLD OF THEM I WANT MY $1,999 LINDENS BACK. I HAD TO PAY CASH FOR THOSE THEY HAVE NO RIGHT DOING THAT

I WAS JUST WALKING IN THE CLUB AND NEXT THING I KNOW THEY ARE CHARGING ME.  PLEASE GET MY $1,999 BACK TO ME. I DON'T NEED A YACHT CLUB THAT IS THAT GREEDY THAT HAD TO STEAL MY LINDENS. I AM NEW TO SL. DO NOT FIND THIS TO BE RIGHT.

TIRA

2 answers to this question

A club cannot forcefully join you or take the joining fee. You must have clicked Yes to a requester at some point. Many clubs spam you so much when you enter, all you want to do is declutter your screen of the invatations to join, take landmark etc and you may have just clicked a Yes to joining the club with its joining fee (a very hefty fee I must say).

The only way you' have any hope of getting your money back is to contact the group owner, explain what happened and  request your money back

• Like 1

How could they possibly enroll you in their group and charge you without your consent? You must have accepted by clicking OK or "yes" on some popup window at some time. Sorry but being enrolled in a group "by force" or being charged without accepting just does not exist in SL.

You can leave the group at any time, but you will certainly not get a refund. You are out of luck on this one.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.