Sign in to follow this  
DA74

Can i receive email notices when my friends log on?

Question

You could write a script that would do that, but there is no other way.  Of course, you can go to your dashboard at secondlife.com at any time to see which friends are logged on.

• Like 1

20 answers to this question

You could write a script that would do that, but there is no other way.  Of course, you can go to your dashboard at secondlife.com at any time to see which friends are logged on.

• Like 1

Welcome to Second Life Answers,

Yes you can receive email notices when your friends logon.  There is a device called an "avatar online tracker", which at the moment you can rezz inworld if you have a place to call your own, and it can be set up to send out notifications to your email. (Handily, you can have it notify you of up to 40 residents online/offline movements, whether on your friend list or not - I've found it invaluable when needing to contact store owners and landlords in the past).

Please look inworld at my profile picks for the link to Conover products.  You will find the device at that teleport location.  It comes with easy to follow instructions.

It's possible to write a script that can do that, Charolotte. Quite easy, in fact. I was trying to avoid mentioning a specific product with my answer earlier.  Conover's device is not the only one on the market by any means. I'd suggest that the OP check Marketplace and in world shops to see the range of features available.

Nah.... I'm just really cautious about the community guidelines, so my own post was too telegraphic and not as helpful as yours. I didn't mean to poke at you, Marigold. ;)

As for you, Charolotte, I've been tracking you from day one (joke). But, yes, I can add your name to my tracking device, and see when you come online and go offline. It doesn't get so much use now the ghosting issue is over, but paranoid old me does have the names of this account and my alts tracked, just in case of ghosting and hackers.

I think there might be a ready-made script somewhere on the internet. I used to have it, but have never got into scripting (it always looked complicated to me), and am unable to locate it in this moment.

I don't mind being tracked, specially by you :) I just did not know it was so easily possible. Now I have to be more honest with those guys that seem to know when I am on or not :P

Ahhhh, they may know when your avatar is online, but there is no guarantee that you didn't disappear from your keyboard in the process of logging in, so didn't really truly log in at all (if you see what I mean) :matte-motes-confused::smileyvery-happy:

Hehehe... Even after five years of living with SL's jargon, I can't see "AFK" without seeing a dumb duck going "AFLACK!!!" :D