New Estate Manager question

Avaler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been an estate manager for less than a week. I've managed to section off a parcel to rent to a friend and "sold" it to her. Now we've decided her parcel needs to be much smaller. I rent the sim, I am not the estate owner. How should I go about reducing her parcel size now? I hope I can find my way back here to look for an answer, please feel free to IM or note card me too. Thank you........ Ava

Have her sell the land back to you for 1L. Section off the part of it that she wants to keep the same way you sectioned off her original lot.  Resell just that section back to her for 1L.  The remaining section can be left as another lot to rent or you can join it to another lot next to it with the same owner.  To rejoin it, at the property line, draw a box that crosses over from the small lot to the larger lot.  It doesn't have to be the size of the lots, a 16x32 will do as long as the property line runs through it.  Then hit the Join button. Then go to the land tools and make sure all the settings for the name, options, media, are set the way you want them to be.

Amethyst, I did as you instructed. It worked wonderfully. Thank You. I have a follow up question please. I and my renter/friend are the only ones "living" on the sim I rented. I have reduced her parcel from 12,000 to 6,000 sq meters but I want her to have the same prims (about 700) as she did when she had a 12,000 meter parcel. I've done all this because I read somewhere that as estate manager, I can distribute prims among parcels as I wish. The sim has 3,750 prims total and I want her to have about 700 on her 6,000 sq meter parcel. Might you tell me what to do please? I'll try to not be a bother after this......... thanks, Ava

Go to the Region tools and look under the Region Tab.  You should see a field labeled Object Bonus and it is probably set to 1.  This setting multiplies the number of capacity each parcel can support by the Bonus Factor. It is important to note that this does not increase the maximum capacity supported by the Region, which means that not all parcels in the Region will be able to reach their listed maximum capacity.

Increase that number, until her land shows that it supports the number of prims you wish to allocate to her. For instance on a homestead 6000sqm supports approx 343 prims.  So changing the bonus factor to 2 will allow her lot to support 686 prims.  So to give her 700 prims you will need to change the bonus factor to something like 2.03 or 2.04. The field supports up to four decimal points. You may need to modify the exact number up to four decimal points to give her exactly 700 prims. .

This change will make it appear that your lot supports more than double the prims too. However you will be limited to the total prims a homestead supports 3750 minus the 700 you gave her which is 3050.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.