Sign in to follow this  
Pazzo Pestana

Two linksets texture change on one touch

I have 2 objects, each with its own linkset and texture change script. I would like to have them change at the same time with just one touch instead of one on each object.  Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Grazie!

So put a llRegionSayTo statement in the touch_start event of each script, aimed at the other object, and accompany it with a listen event in each object that listens for the message.  Put your texture change command in the touch_start event and the listen event in both objects.  That way, no matter which object you touch, the touch will change its own texture and the message it sends will change the texture of the other object.  Just be sure that you change textures with llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast, not with llSetTexturellSetTexture has a 0.2 second delay, which will mess up your synchronicity.

Wow! as always, you come through!  You've made my SL a lot more enjoyable by being able to make things work!

Thanks! I can't wait to try it!