Sign in to follow this  
Britny McMahon

Traffic Reporting issue AGAIN???

I run a large club with a daily traffic of between 30-40K. In the past 4 days I have seen the traffic plummet to the low 20's with other clubs whose traffic should be about the same way down as well. I asked the sim owner to check with LL who said they saw nothing wrong. Yesterday we had a VERY good traffic day and was still about 6-8K lower than we should have been. Places like mine rely on traffic and if LL has made changes the least they could do is let people know. Or if there is a problem, acknowledege it and fix it PLEASE!!

I also have seen a dramatic drop in traffic numbers.  I don't have much traffic myself yet but my numbers were typically in the 400-1200 range. Two days ago I and 93, yesterday 383 and today it is 83.

My traffic monitor shows decent attendance. below is my hourly summary taken at 01:19 SL time this morning.

SecurityCentral: 00:-- 01:51:50  01:-- 00:31:20  02:-- 00:02:30  03:-- 00:29:40  04:-- 01:31:00  05:-- 02:40:10  
SecurityCentral: 06:-- 01:33:40  07:-- 01:02:10  08:-- 00:48:50  09:-- 02:30:30  10:-- 00:07:10  11:-- 00:00:50  
SecurityCentral: 12:-- 04:02:10  13:-- 00:51:10  14:-- 00:03:40  15:-- 02:42:40  16:-- 04:58:10  17:-- 01:03:00  
SecurityCentral: 18:-- 01:32:50  19:-- 01:54:10  20:-- 00:58:20  21:-- 00:36:10  22:-- 01:30:00  23:-- 00:10:30  

36 distinct avatars were reported.

I don't understand how the number could possibly be that low.

After my land totally dropped out of search for about 2 weeks a while back the traffic reporting has not been right. For instance after a music show, with about 10 people hanging out, it still said traffic 21 and did so for several days there after even if I knew I had people visiting for it to be more then that. And again yesterday I had about 15 people hanging out for two hours for live music shows. This usually means traffic of about 1000. After update it's 67. I have just been happy about being in search again so haven't gotten around to reporting this issue.

Hi Britney, We're having the same problem. LL has said they "know of the issue and are working to fix it" We're going on 7 days now. I've been approached by two other big clubs, same problem. It seems to be those of us on the RC Magnum server. Have you also experienced rolling restarts that won't come back for an hour even if you file a ticket? This is a magnum issue as well. We're used to being 65k and up and we're sitting on 14k with 50 people on the region. It's frustrating and  upsetting. LL said that search no longer goes on traffic but relevance to the keyword used... *coughs* bullfish* coughs* Club owners STILL use it as a way to gage their hard work.

LL Needs to fix this 7 days is NOT acceptable. We are wil you Britney and we feel your pain!

Hi Britny,  i own the club  cloud nine, and we are having the same problem.... ive contacted lindens, sent in bug reports,  lets hope someone does  something soon xxx 

Here we go again. Our busy club sim is also experiencing a significant drop in traffic reporting, inconsistent with all other measures, for at least the last week. We have noticed a roughly 20% drop in the daily numbers being reported (or about 10K lower than normal), even though actual population numbers and duration of stay have not changed significantly. Interesting mention about Magnum servers above. During the last rolling restart, the sim restarted on schedule, then crashed about 20mins later for no apparent reason. LL Live Chat would not even address the issue until all rolling restarts for the day were finished, resulting in an outrageous 3 hrs offline.

The last time we all went through this last year it took weeks before LL even acknowledged a problem with the traffic numbers. Let's hope that's not the case aain this time, but I'm not holding my breath.

Hi all! Same traffic problem for me too. Of course everyone wants to display good figures in his/her places. In my case, it's not a question of money. My main place isn't a shop (nor a traditional club). I'm just happy to share my paradise ("Meghan's Paradise") with people who might enjoy it. I also own a secondary land ("Meghan's Delights") in an adjacent parcel of the region. Now the problem.

For three years the place was created, I note the traffic everyday (I'm stupid but I want to know). Usually from 1000 to 3000 (I know, modest but not ridiculous to me :cathappy:). I must admit my place is often empty, rarely laggy. Since 7/12/2012, terrific collapse: now from 100 to 300. Yes, "official" traffic divided by 10!! Maybe you could think residents don't like the place anymore but... my hippoSECURE (mailing me its report everyday, too) tells me people come as always. The question is: was my place overestimated during 3 years??

And of course in Search, when using the right keyword, the place went down from 1st to 2nd page (for now...). Same problem with my other land. It thought the issue was located in this region (Claris Beck). Strange traffic all over the parcels, but after reading your posts I'm no really sure. I sent a ticket to LL. They said they are "working hard" on the issue. It seems the more they work, the less the results look good...

Of course (real) earth continues to spin but I'd like to know.

Finally, I think it's a bad idea to critize and laugh at LL (I'm quite sure they read this forum...). Maybe I'm selfish but being in 2nd page of Search, with such a low traffic, it's very nice after all.

I've read tons of articles about SL traffic calculation, but why classify a place at the 10th or 1000th position in Search. A total mystery. Yes I'm selfish. Finally I don't worry too much about official figures, as far as some residents enjoy my place and I can meet wonderful people.:cathappy:

i also run a large club with 30k-40k traffic and it has dropped down to 6k in traffic do to LL and there Bull **bleep** restarts and update that they have no clue wat they r dioing this is hurting my business and also the business of the vendors they told me to sumit a ticket and i have my partners have and the person that ownes the land has but they still have not fixed the issue this show me LL only cares about the mighty dollar

Same here! My club "g-spot" is on Macando and we went fromt he high high 20's low 30's to 7 or 8, sometimes even 6. I mean come on! We are usually full with at least 20 people, sometimes 40 or more all the time. We seem to be 1/3 or less of our usuall traffic, this is killing our ads and stuff. COME ON!

this is an issue that Linden Labs has no clue on how to fix apperantly do to the continuing lose of traffic i too have or hadf a well knerw club that the traffic drop has cause me to lose alot of poeple coming to my club this is just another way for linden Labs to steel ur linden dollar

I didn't plan to submit another ticket about the "traffic bug" to LL but:

Hi, I'm Meghan Inglewood aka Miss Meghan. Again, I notice the region where I live (Claris Beck) is totally unreachable. Of course, no green dot on the map, nobody in my places.

And about the "traffic bug" (another problem, my ticket #01459377), everybody thinks this is a major issue:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-8099

So you obviouly know that lots of club and shop owners are very disappointed by LL. Last night I was happy to see my main place (Meghan's Paradise) back in the 1st page of the search engine, despite its ridiculous "official" traffic (last one: 235 !!!). Today my two places have disappeared from Search...

By the way, I own two places in Taupentown too, and there, all seems normal.

I know SL is a very complicated machine, but I wonder why the thing that always works fine, every month, is the payment system...