I PUT ON HEADPHONES BY DBL CLICKING THE ITEM IN MY INV AND WHEN i DBL CLK TO REMOVE =HAIR GONE

JohnnyWhadd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

WHY IS MY HAIR GONE AFTER PUTTING ON THEN REMOVEING A PAIR OF HEADPHONES?  All i did was dbl clikced the headphoines item in my inventory and immediately dbl clicked again to remove and it took my hair with it.  I haven't been able to find my hair ever since!!!!!

Prior to putting the headphones on, I had spent quite some time  working on my avatar and then this happens.  It is enough to make me want to remaove myself fromn SL and cancel my account.  This is ridiculous

10 answers to this question

I don't understand what you mean when you say it was part of a skin. There are skins that come with (short, painted-on) hair on them (that you can't remove, although most that I've seen, and some that I own myself, come with both bald and w/hair versions) and you can buy full avatars that come with a skin and prim hair. Anyway...

Don't panic yet.

Re-reading your original post... I suppose it is possible that the headphones and your hair were removed at the same time and are in your inventory as a coalesced object (although I've never heard of that happening). If you can't find the hair itself, look for the headphones (type the name in the box at the top of the inventory window or look on the recent tab if you haven't yet logged off). If they show up as a coalesced object (kinda like a Rubik's cube instead of a single box), drag it from your inventory onto the ground (or wear it). You can then right-click and take your hair (or right-click and detach the headphones (if you wore them).

• Like 1

Epitome (spelling? It's getting late here :) ) of patience Griffin :)

Johnny.......if you can remember the name of your hair type that into the search field of your inventory. If you can't remember the exact name but feel you would recognize it when you see it, type "hair" in the search field and look through the results to find it. I suppose it could be coalesced like Griffin mentioned (though I, too, don't think that happened) look for the coalesced object in your "Objects" folder of the inventory. It could have wound up in your "Lost and Found" folder or even your "Trash" folder (but I would not expect that to happen either.........a quick look never hurts though. There's no reason to panic or get frustrated....things seldom really get lost (but they sure do get misplaced sometimes). :)

On the subject of outfits... If and when you find your hair, Johnny (or even if you end up having to replace it)... It's always a good idea to keep a copy of your "default" avatar set (skin, shape, hair, etc.) in a backup folder in case of emergencies such as this (or just to switch back from your tiny/petite/furry/etc/etc/etc avatar).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.