Need to move house (again) but co-owner gone from SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking for land to rent, stable (moving again after 18 months), about 65m x 100m with around 2,500 prims.

But the main problem is the house and parcel were built by a friend who is no longer in SL. She came back for 2 weeks 18 months ago to help me move, but has not been in SL since that time. The island I moved to was full at the time, so I thought it would be stable, but now only two parcels are still rented, and the owner is selling etc etc

Does anyone have suggestions as to how to move my house and trees and stuff to a new sim, when I  don't own but about half of it? Is there a Linden Labs service I can pay for? etc?

Also, the landscaping to fit the house (and river and waterfalls) is complex. Is there a way to dupllicate the terrain etc in a new sim? A way to save the terrain data and "apply it" to a new sim?

This has to be a problem that arises reasonably often. Any help would be appreciated.

My home is called Domaine, and is based on a Frank Lloyd Wright house, Falling Water http://vv-99.com/SL/Falling_Water.jpg

It is in the region Ressort, and if you wish to visit, please just contact or IM me.

Thanks

Domitan Redenblack

Sorry, but you can only move what you yourself own.  The rest will have to be returned to the other owner.  There is no way to move it  and LL will not assist you.  They have no way of knowing that the owner intended you to have indefinite use. Even if they did, they just don't do things like this.  If any of it is group owned and you are a group owner, you can sell it to yourself and move it.

You can of course move the things you own.  You can pick them all up at once in bundles of no more than 1000 prims. You can also put them in a rez box if you have mod rights. A rez box would be the easiest if you intend on setting it back up exactly as before. 

Rez boxes are not difficult to use.  You put the box out in a center location.  Then you put a script that comes with the box in the edit contents of each item.  Pick the items up,or take copies of them then put them in the box.  Then when you need the items again, just rez the box back out and rez out your items. Moving the box will move all the items at once for easy placement. 

There is a free open source rez box called Builder's Buddy that will do the job for you.  If you are a builder there are other systems with more features.that you may wish to investigate.  All of them are copy/transfer, some are modifiable too.

The only way to save a terraform for future use is at the region level and for the entire sim. Since you have a lot there is no way to do this. You'll have to reterraform at your new lot.  What you can do if you use a rez box to move the items is to rez them out in the position you want them to be in and then terraform to fit them. 

Amethyst Jetaime wrote: Rez boxes are not difficult to use.  You put the box out in a center location.  Then you put a script that comes with the box in the edit contents of each item.  

Thanks.

There are over 900 prims of her stuff, about 1/2 of those unlinked prims mixed in with mine. So rezz boxes are out. Also, many of the items are no mod. Not sure if rezz boxes will work for those.

I know how to "select only my stuff" and take the glob into inventory, but this leaves 90% of the house behind, and 80% of the trees and stuff.

I wish there were a "sim closing" procedure in LL that could take care of this. No ownership would change, and its not a voluntary movement.

All other ideas are appreciated.

Items have to be modifiable to use with a rez box because you have to have the ability to put a script into the edit contents of the root prim.  You can't do that with no mod items.

From what you say I'm afraid the only other solution you have is to try to contact the missing owner and have them come in SL and transfer ownership of the other items to you as copy/mod for the things she made.  Things that she didn't make that are transferable could also be given to you.  Once you own them if they are modifiable you can link them to the prims you own that have the same copy or transfer permissions and put them in a rez box.  However, from what you describe this probably isn't going to take care of it entirely and you'll still be stuck moving some things individually

Unfortunately the only thing LL will do when an estate owner loses a sim is to bring it back on line for 24 hours if the tenants request it so they can retrieve things they lost when it disappeared.  This doesn't apply though if its sold.  If its sold, the new owner may let you stay as a tenant though and you may want to inquire about this if it is being sold rather than abandoned. The new owner will probably be thrilled to have a good tenant already and allow it, if they intend on renting out land.

I know this is all very frustrating to you, and I wish there were other solutions that I could give you, but there just aren't any.  Since it appears the other owner is gone from SL and you are having to uproot and regroup anyway, you may want to consider just salvaging what you can then rebuild entirely at the new place using only copy/mod  things you own so that it all can be put in a rez box in case you face this again in the future.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote: If its sold, the new owner may let you stay as a tenant though and you may want to inquire about this if it is being sold rather than abandoned. The new owner will probably be thrilled to have a good tenant already and allow it, if they intend on renting out land.

Yes, I am a good, reliable, long-term tenant. But when a sim is sold, do they "wipe it clean" usually? Is there a way to save my parcels, wipe clean, and restore my stuff by the sim owner?

Thanks

No,not necessarily. I have bought sims with existing tenants in the past and welcomed them staying.

Contact your estate owner and tell them you may want to stay when the sim is sold and to tell the new owner and also tell you the name of that owner.  The new owner may change your rent or not, that is their prerogative, but if your a good and stable tenant, then they may do what they need to within reason to keep you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.