Sign in to follow this  
PashNflower

Can't get my Paypal account verified that I have had for years

Question

Here's a possible answer, from The Knowledge Base Billing page.....

Often the initial agreement can't be set up due to an unverified PayPal account. To use your PayPal account with Linden Lab, it must be verified and have a credit card on file as a backup funding source.

Linden Lab does not accept e-check (bank account) payments through PayPal because they cannot be processed quickly enough to match the instant delivery of virtual goods and services.  Therefore, we require that you have a credit card on file with PayPal as a backup payment source.

Paypal may be perfectly happy with your bank, but that's not good enough for Linden Lab.

5 answers to this question

Here's a possible answer, from The Knowledge Base Billing page.....

Often the initial agreement can't be set up due to an unverified PayPal account. To use your PayPal account with Linden Lab, it must be verified and have a credit card on file as a backup funding source.

Linden Lab does not accept e-check (bank account) payments through PayPal because they cannot be processed quickly enough to match the instant delivery of virtual goods and services.  Therefore, we require that you have a credit card on file with PayPal as a backup payment source.

Paypal may be perfectly happy with your bank, but that's not good enough for Linden Lab.

I don't think Rolig is right this time.  My PayPal account is verified with a RL bank account, not a credit card.

By "verified", it means that you have gone to the PayPal web site (NOT the SL web site), and gone through PayPal's verification process.  This involves giving PP your bank account information, and takes a few days to complete.

Once you have a verified PP account, you should be able to use it with Linden Lab for payments.

• Like 1

You may be right, Lindal. All I have to go by is what they put on the KB page, which has been misleading in the past often enough. :P My own account is backed up by a credit card to PayPal.

Hi, did you manage to get it working? Because my PP account is linked to a bank accound and a credit card, but yet it still says "To use your PayPal account with Second Life, it must be verified with a bank account." 

I'm trying to send money to my PP account. 

Thanks for your help.