Mesh Avatar Ready to Relay.

Rusalka Writer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A bit off-topic, perhaps, but this weekend is the Relay for Life in Second Life, and I plan to be there for all 24 Hours. Hope you all stop by; it's a wonderful event. Here is the mesh avatar I shall be wearing:

SFV.jpg

Mahalo, LL and the mesh team for bringing us mesh. We do gripe and complain, but when I can spend a day honoring my dad dressed as a disco squid, well, it is appreciated. Even if I never got a pony.

Mahalo,

Rusalka

The squid triumphant! With no accelerating rollerskates or anything but the basic run, I managed the third highest lap count at the Relay for Life of Second Life. In twenty-four hours I ran almost 340,000 meters, or about 210 miles. That has to be the fastest normally-aspirated squid in existence.

I started the Relay on the development viewer, but went back to the newest beta viewer after the first hour. The development viewer crashed four times and had to be force-quit once (this is all Mac). The beta seemed more stable, but still suffered from all the usual crowded-sim issues. Crashing or quitting every half hour was a good idea anyway.

The Relay raised $360,000 this year for the American Cancer Society. Off a bit from last year, but think of the mesh possibilities for next year!

R

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.