Another how too?... Buisness

Michael Krell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay a friend of mine got ripped off on a land rental... 3 days left on tier clicked wont renew and got kicked off and had her stuff returned to her. My question is to the community of second life if there is an actual appropriate method to discredit someones sl business without crossing the line with SL and the whole 'griefing' aspect.

Michael Krell wrote:

Okay a friend of mine got ripped off on a land rental... 3 days left on tier clicked wont renew and got kicked off and had her stuff returned to her. My question is to the community of second life if there is an actual appropriate method to discredit someones sl business without crossing the line with SL and the whole 'griefing' aspect.

No, but this does not preclude creativity on the part of the offended.

What amazes me in the scenario you gave, though, is that the land owner even bothered to look to see if its renters were going to renew or not. Usually this kind of data is ignored by land owners.

Maybe some other person contacted the landowner asking if there is available land for rent. Then after checking, the landowner realized he has no land available to rent but your friends land will be free in 3 days and maybe even tried to contact her but she was offline, so he just returned her stuff. 

Maybe;)

I'm sorry to hear those things happen... 

Only thing she can do is to contact the person and ask why he did that? I don't think its worth to try and discredit his business, if those things happen more often then most likely hes about to go down anyway... I wouldn't bother.

JohnMiddlefield wrote:

Michael Krell wrote:

What amazes me in the scenario you gave, though, is that the land owner even bothered to look to see if its renters were going to renew or not. Usually this kind of data is ignored by land owners.

oh gosh...with one sweeping statement you tar ALL landowners with that? Most responsible landowners / landlords..regulary check their rental boxes to see whats happening...whos renewing..who is in arears (YES arrears...some of us dreadful landlords give a grace period)

Faithless Babii wrote:

JohnMiddlefield wrote:

Michael Krell wrote:

oh gosh...with one sweeping statement you tar ALL landowners with that? Most responsible landowners / landlords..regulary check their rental boxes to see whats happening...whos renewing..who is in arears (YES arrears...some of us dreadful landlords give a grace period)

Gee whiz, I qualified my statement with "usually". That has been my experience. When I was a landowner, I checked things out very carefully, and sometimes gave people a week's grace period. Now I am not a landowner - i wonder why.

mmhmm,,yes you did quantify with the "usually"...which where I come from and apparently as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary...would mean - more often than not...not just in your experience

Usually :

Regularly or customarily used

In conformity with regular practice or procedure

Faithless Babii wrote:

mmhmm,,yes you did quantify with the "usually"...which where I come from and apparently as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary...would mean - more often than not...not just in your experience

Usually :

Regularly or customarily used
In conformity with regular practice or procedure

How I do love the nit-pickers. Remind me never, ever, to rent or lease from you. Thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.