I cannot open notecards that come with notifications. What's up?

Zo Catteneo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can open a notecard that comes with a group notice by going into the groups and opening through the notice tab. Other notices, however, will not open. I have clicked, double clicked, right clicked and double right clicked and tried to drag to inventory and nothing happens. This has been going on since coming back to SL about a month ago. There are no error messages or anything. It just does nothing.

It also does not appear in my inventory at all.

6 answers to this question

I have run into this same annoying bug many times, so I know exactly what you mean.  Luc Starsider started a JIRA on this problem a couple of years ago, and it still hasn't been resolved.  Take a look >>> Attachments to group notices malfunction after some time . Next time you have the problem, I suggest adding your own observations to that JIRA and doing a Cut & Paste of the information that you get from clicking Help >> About in your viewer.   Meanwhile, I don't know of anything you can do except practice your curses.

@ Lloud Laffer --

Torley never comes here.  None of the Lindens do.  This is a resident-to-resident Answers service.  We have never had any reason to believe that the Lindens even glance at posts here.

AFAIK, there has been no progress on that old JIRA.  Since LL hid most of the JIRA, it's hard to tell what goes on any more. You're welcome to try and add to it or -- better yet -- submit a new one. BTW, I cannot recall ever being able to get a notecard by e-mail. That seems unlikely.

Hi Rolig Loon, thanks for the reply.  Actually I should have put 'Torley help us' in quotes - I meant it more as a prayer to a deity rather than a conversation.

Somewhere in this thread it was mentioned that this happens with notifications after an amount of time has passed.  I'm curious to know if that time period has been observed - then I could try to make a regular visit to check notifications.

Since I just turned on email notifications maybe it has changed and notecord content is included.  That would actually be nice because I could then add event information directly to my calendar.

-ll

Lloud Laffer observed:

[ .... ]Somewhere in this thread it was mentioned that this happens with notifications after an amount of time has passed.  I'm curious to know if that time period has been observed - then I could try to make a regular visit to check notifications. [ .... ]

Yes, AFAIK attached messages do become stale after a while.  I'm not sure how long a "while" is, though, and I'm not sure whether it's relevant to this problem.  If you are lucky, though, you can often get the attachment to a group message by opening the group's profile page, tabbing to Notifications, and opening the message from the saved queue --- if it's still there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.