When I log into sl my monitor goes black then graphics come up all funny. I was running fine

morganna Fhang

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been running sl fine all morning. (phoenix) Went to derender prims using ALT+CTRL+SHFT+9 but may have hit a wrong key. I now have a black border around my screen, graphics are large and oldschool. I just want to be able to get back to normal. Any help please. BTW I can run any other program and it is fine, log into sl it changes the whole pc setting, log off sl and it reverts back to normal.

4 answers to this question

There's no obvious keyboard shortcut like CTRL+Alt+Shift + 0 or CTRL+Alt+Shift+O that should do that.  (See http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/keyboard_shortcuts for a list of all possible shortcuts.)  Instead of doing a total re-install -- which might be necessary but is more work --- try first just wiping your settings.  If that doesn't work, then go ahead and do a clean re-install as Val suggested.

• Like 1

It's not just you. 

Ever since the latest maintenance my graphic went back to old school as well. (Mac, Lion) I had no problem before the maintenance n now my graphis is all gritted and rough-edged and the images inworld as well as my avatar texture wouldn't clear up. I think it's not something I did becos I did absolutely nothing to change this setting. I've toggled with a few graphical options after this problem. Still old school. I think SL has switched something off or are still working on something... idk.... this is horrible. just horrible

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.