Removing a Particle Exploder

Posey Puddlegum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

OK - evidently this isn't just a particle exploder but rather an old SL virus called FlyingFish8! I have turned off the particles by setting Maximum Particle Count to 0 - The red hover ball remains and follows me around

I am unable to Take it into my Inventory or to Delete it - when my cursor touches it turns to a hand as if I was using a build tool

Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

I rezzed an object from my Inventory labeled 'Christmas necklace' and it turned out to be a particle exploder that is littering my entire parcel with malicious flyers!

There is a red ball hovering over my head that I cannot take or delete

How do I get rid of it and make the flyers go away?

I tried the steps below and it didn't work - nothing has helped thus far

4 answers to this question

I think I would start by turning off particles, so you see what you're doing -- Control plus Alt plus Shift plus = toggles them on and off (or Advanced - Rendering Types - Particles).

Then I would do World-Show-Beacons and uncheck everything except for particle sources.   That should enable you to discover the source of the particles (which may be a tiny insibible prim -- drag select to nap it and delete it usually makes it easier).

The first thing to do is file an abuse report.  That thing is definitely annoying, but it's not hurting you, so you have time to do it.  Select the red ball with your Build/Edit tool and find out who owns it.  While that window is open on your screen, go to Help >> Report Abuse and fill out the report in as much detail as you can.  The system should take a screen shot that will show the red ball, the particles, and your open Edit window with the owner's name in it.

THEN, suppress the particles so you can see what's going on.  Type CTRL+Alt+Shift+ = .  That will toggle particles off in your viewer. (Particles won't accumulate, BTW.  They disappear after a while.)  It will also potentially make it easier to see the red ball clearly enough to select it and delete or return it.  If you are wearing the object, you won't be able to delete it without detaching or dropping it first, so go to your Inventory's WORN tab and see if that's what's going on.  If it's not worn, then it's a scripted follower, which means that it can't follow you through a teleport.  If you TP across a sim border, you should be able to look back and see the thing, stopped dead and waiting for you to come back.  If you don't have manager powers on the sim, ask the sim's owner to find the object in Top Scripts and reurn it for you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.