New security measure just in case

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I could probably negotiate with my landlord about how to set up security etc, I rent off a private owner on mainland...

Anyways instead of orbs or ban lines, I have a new style of security system...

I simply put this texture on a prim and that should keep my land safe... it is by the garage in case some theif notices my car and wants to joyride

Just let them TRY to mess with my land!

fdsgsgfd.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I am always amused by the amount of people using tools to protect their property

I use teh LL simple ways...  return object 3 mins, options, only people in my group can rez, fly, build, object entry, run scripts, safe mode, no push,  and avatar on other parcels cannot see and chat with avatar on this parcel, restrict voice to parcel, sounds and avatar sound set to restrict gestures to this parcel.

this way people dont annoye me, cannot cam in, and I dont have to listen or see my neighbours, land is public they can walk over and chat (some neightbours are nice I dont mind them but nothign stays on the property.

I dont get the point of having some attack dog, sheep, bees etc to annoye someone on your land, I think if your so worried about it, then set up ban lines on, and that way you wont have issues.

I like when people walk over and see the constructed house or how I setup the LL house to a dj studio and get ideas to build stuff for themselves, secondlife is about sharing the experiences isnt it ?

TxPitou Byron wrote:

[...] return object 3 mins, options, only people in my group can rez, fly, build, object entry, run scripts, safe mode, no push,  and avatar on other parcels cannot see and chat with avatar on this parcel, restrict voice to parcel, sounds and avatar sound set to restrict gestures to this parcel.  [...]

On almost all my parcels, I rely on a simple 1 minute auto-return. (Well, that and "No damage" just because it's the default and SL damage is so dopey.)

Once in a great while, I'll restrict sound to parcel if a neighbor is plagued by noise-spamming griefer cubes making a ruckus instead of being auto-returned as god intended.

I imagine I might restrict voice, too, if I ever used it, but I find SL much less aggravating with voice turned off on my viewer rather than on my parcel.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.