3ds Max & Second Life

Imarny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I asked this question before but i beleive in the wrong place. So, i want to become a creator in second life, more to the point a mesh creator, I am skilled in software such as 3ds max & Photoshop, how ever once i add sl to the equasion i'm lost, I've seen a few vids on sl and 3ds max tough non that helps me in what i'm looking to do, im just wondering does any one know of a good blog, and or vids that teaches in 3ds max mesh/rigged mesh and sl. What would you use to make mesh clothes in 3ds max, garment maker and cloth or are there other ways to acheive good quality clothes. I have tried to use Blender but found it to difficult and thought its best i stick to what i know. Thank you for help in advance.

Imarny xx

i cant answer your question but you seem to get it so maybe u can help me- i want to redo my avatar and purchased teeth and after i bought them they didnt work- they said updaid SL2- does this allow me to use mesh and will it change my page format? i still have an orginal page setup and i like it - the new download confuses me- thanks

Hmm i'm not sure, but i beleive it mean you don't have the correct veiwer, you may need to upgrade to have an compatible mesh veiwer, I'm not sure if i answered you question correctly but i hope it helps.

Imarny xx

This is the place to start:

SL Wiki

Making mesh for Seond Life is not really different from making mesh for any other platform, so you don't need any specific SL video's or blogs if you already know how to model and rig.

There are some minor things to take in mind though:

Rigging can only be done to the standard SL skeleton, not the 3ds max biped.

Keeping the geometry to a minimum might be more important than on other platforms, since SL seems to be a bit harder on the hardware than most games. This includes making custom models for the lower levels of detail.

Thanks, I've already read the wiki and found it kind of useful, i know how to rig but will have to touch up my skills.

I have the standard sl avitar obj. but would any one know where to get the skeleton for 3ds max or fully rigged skeleton. And also would it be easier to sculpt around the avitar when making clothes or or use clot and garment maker.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Thanks, tough i already had the model from the link .However the file didnt contain the boned and skined version in it.

Thanks to all for the help, i'm now one step closer to figuring everything out.

Imarny XX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.