3ds Max & Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, i want to become a creator in second life, more to the point a mesh creator, I am skilled in software such as 3ds max & Photoshop, how ever once i add sl to the equasion i'm lost, I've seen a few vids on sl and 3ds max tough non that helps me in what i'm looking to do, im just wondering does any one know of a good blog, and or vids that teches in 3ds max mesh/rigged mesh and sl. What would you use to make mesh clothes in 3ds max, garment maker and cloth or are there other ways to acheive good quality clothes. I have tried to use Blender but found it to difficult and thought its best i stick to what i know. Thank you for help in advance.

Imarny xx

I´m not very familiar with the garnment maker in 3ds max, but from what I have seen it produces horrible topology for low to medium poly models.

Like any model, the best way is often to just do it completely by hand, using an editable poly or mesh that you extend, extrude, etc. It's a lot of work, but it will give you excellent control over the model.

Since you are skilled, it shouldn't be an issue to work from scratch I think.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.