Deploys for the week of 2012-07-09

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Hi MB, I tried region crossings on vehicles in the Magnum sandboxes (used the 'Kart 1.0' and a mesh motorcycle I have), and can't reproduce region crossing issues - I found that region crossing performance was the same on Magnum as on other channels.  I suspect the problem could be your specific region, avatar, or vehicle (e.g. crossing performance is generally worse if you have too many scripts in attachments or the vehicle).  As Oskar said, please file an SVC bug with the relevant details, with reliable steps to reproduce the issue.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We duplicated the issue for sim crossings using the kart 1.0. We could not test for the first gear issue of not moving as the kart isn't scripted like a race car is. In my cars I do have multiple scripts however only two are ever running at a time. But if the kart is crashing me offline it shouldn't be script related anyway.

In filling out the SVC should I file one for each issue or all together in one? If you get time to try it at Kustom Klassics you will see right away on the sim crossing issue and I'll gladly supply a race car to check the other while I gather all the information for the SVC.

thanks

JJValero Writer wrote:

You are at 256697.5, 250525.4, 29.4 in Combat (sandbox) - Blue Team's HQ located at sim9117.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.42.53:13003)

Second Life RC LeTigre 12.07.03.261171

Scripts ask for permissions, but no teleport agent.

The code is there but the new LSL calls are disabled. They will be enabled in the future.

__Oskar

Hello,

After extensive testing I've traced the issue of the race cars not move to one I believe you already know about. "

Fast vehicles can snag on the terrain (which now collides as a mesh shape instead of a heightfield)"

The cars are attempting to move but appear to snag on the ground as in the above. Setting a higher power curve will get the cars moving, however that defeats the need for low speeds when lining up the cars at the start line. These cars are mostly to all mesh and use a root physics shape type set to prim and the children set to none.

Can you pass me the SVC # of the above issue so I can look it up and not file a duplicate please? Also can you give me a rough idea on the status of it's fix, work around/changes and time frame to be repaired?

Sim crossings re now possible though you still get tossed around a lot between the two KK magnum sims. I also noted another fact of mega prims turn more phantom the closer to the linden land(30m and lower) they get. If they touch they become 100% phantom.

I'm hitting a problem with non-Mesh vehicles attempting to leave Magnum RC regions.

I experienced this attempting to leave Blake Sea - Thunderer

Low speed.

No mesh in the vehicle

Seemed like an ordinary slow handover, stuck in Thunderer, coordinates going out-of-range in a manner consistent with apparent movement.

About 16m into the next sim, got the "You have been logged out" message from the Viewer.

The second time this happened there were obvious network problems, but not the first time .

I am going to run some more tests, but it doesn't look good. 

OMG the new magnum servers have killed cars  cars are bouncing and gripping ground with so much friction they get stuck in the ground this is not good please do not go any further than magnum servers with this infaact just undo the code that was done cause my god the phisics in scripted objects has gone a lil pooppy. please please fix it. i like driving in sl and it what our sim is built around . dont kill things.

Please UNDO what ever you have done to Magnum servers 

I am an avid racer ....and have tided  quite a bit of my personal resources in to it ...

but what I experienced over the last few day with erattic behavior of the cars has made them 

undriveable .... never mind competing 

Thank You,

K. Sandalwood

i so agree, this magnum server makes it hard to drive in sl, or race. makes my vehicles get stuck in the ground and causes them to do unwanted movements, such as hopping and causing problems. so yes please don't take these new servers anyfurther, they are terrible and will end up killing all racing in sl. so please LL's for once damnit "LIDSTEN" to people. **bleep**!!

yes these servers suck ass. they arre causing all kinds of problems with racing and causes vehiclles to make undesired movements and causes then to get stuck in ground, hop, skip, and just completely makes it so annoying. please stop producing servers that aren't needed the ones that were out were fiine enough, so for once LL's god damn LISTEN TO PEOPLE and stop causing everyone trouble, and do something right for a change and stop fooliing with things you  people don't know about? meaning " IF ITS NOT BROKEN, DON'T FIX  IT!!" got it!

I my Self race  cars ar KK and at R.I.R  the servers u keep messing with stop us the ones that put real and other linding into so we can,t race UNLESS U LIKE TO PAY EVERY ONE BACK FOR CARS AND DOWN TIME BUT  we know willn,t happen eather please fix it so we can enjoy what we like .     thank u   MidnightRambler Frostbite

I'm getting reports that animations are stopping on crossings some times - avatar suddenly stopping the animation the vehicle put him/her in and "reverting" to standard "sit" animation. This never been a problem before - trying to see if I can reproduce it myself with consistency.

Still waiting on answer as to the location you did your testing. And you just tested with that one kart vehicle? That is nothing like any of the cars we actually drive. If you need samples to test just ask most of us will give them to you. Not like you can't just take them anyway though. Or let us get involved in the testing before you put it on a public server. MB is even in the beta testing group. We could have told it was messed up in matter of minutes.

Even if we did get the cars fixed to where they worked right, the sim is still so laggy compared to other sims its futile to do anything. I feel like I stepped back 3 years in time with the funky border crossing, glitches and lag. Its like I am running sl on a pentium one, not a guad core with a GTS250 video card.

Oh and remember how you fixed where editing a car didn't  freeze it anymore, or cam locking didn't effect it. Guess what, those are back now. Edit a car and it stops it dead.

For the life of me I am trying to figure out what is actually fixed? And if its just our region why doesn't someone come test it out to see and fix it? We have two sims here that don't work worth a darn, that isn't exaclty cheap. And we are losing customers over this as well.

So the Lindens are just gonna sit back and do nothing, if they can't reliably reproduce the vehicle issues that are occuring on Magnum RC regions? I'd thought Release Candidate regions existed so bugs can be reported, and fixed before the code is deployed to main servers? But, I guess when the problems hit main server regions, as they have Magnum RC regions, those folks trying to report bugs will be ignored too?

Whoa..in on my 10th attempt!  Oskar, get your colleagues to sort this damn forum software out for us non Firefox users.

There are issues as alluded to by Motor Loon in crossing into or out of Magnum sims.  Animated poses revert to default sits and in my case a scripted BanLine HUD V3 froze and did not return to function until I relogged wearing it on my home (LeTigre) sim.

We need this Pathfinding code rolled back ASAP.  Sorry guys, but it just ain't working!  Something is stopping scripts on crossings and if I am any judge it is only a matter of time before content breakage is reported.

Ok I did some testing and made a video of it like I said I would do after the path finding meeting today. Here is a link to the video for any lindens that would like to look at it.

I tested both on the beta sim path finding area, on the main grid at our sim, which was switched to the main server while I was on the beta grid, and at a Magnum sand box.

As you will see the car worked fine on a regular sim, as in the second life sim with the old code. The vehicle failed to function properly on both the beta sim and magnum sandbox. As for getting out of the car and back in it you will notice that when you hit return the car breaks again. And yes if you back up long enough the car may start to move forward. However it drags really bad and will pull hard, nothing like how it should work.

These cars are designed to run the length of a sim in 3.1 seconds at 144 mile an hour up to less than a second at speeds well over 450 mile an hour (max sl physics). And they need to do it straight, no pulling or veering. Also any extra friction will cause the cars to run slower than what the cars and tracks are designed for.

As for the script you are using, I assume its the one in the freebie kart? Don't even bother with that thing, its nothing like any decent car script in sl and if you put that in a regular car no one would buy it. I will be honest here, I don't script so I can't get all technical on you. What I do know is I own a lot of different sl vehicles and that Kart is pretty much junk as for how it operates.

And for those of you that are curious, they said in the path finding meeting they are aware of the vehicle problem, but are still planing on rolling this out grid wide because it only effects a small majority of the people. They did not say when this would happen though. Someone asked what the next step was and they said to release it of course. When I showed concern about them releasing it when we knew it had problems they kind of laughed it off. So I am not so sure how serious they are going to take this. They might help us try to figure out why it does it, but don't expect them to not release it grid wide because of it. It doesn't seem to be a big issue for them. But hey, at least they didn't tell us to clear our cache lol.

And I am tired of hearing about how it might be how the cars are scripted, like you are inferring they are not scripted correctly. They worked fine until someone started mucking with the code, like for years. Are these people supposed to be able to script for the future when we have no idea what is going to be done to the code?

I already know of two people that have quit sl over this, and if it roles out grid wide without a fix I see a lot more following. What is the sense of shucking out 600 us dollars for two sims if they don't work for what we wanted to use them for. But hey at least your newbi blow up doll will be able to follow you around without hitting the end table.

Sorry if I sound a little upset, but I am.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.