Account - Age Verification

Nyll Bergbahn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just saw a post from lastchance00 a few minutes ago querying where Age Verification was in Account then checked my own Dashboard and sure enough it's gone.

Anyone else missing Age Verification from Dashboard > Account. I know it was there a couple of days ago as I saw it but not there now as shown below.

Dashboard Account.JPG

Just noticed the Age Verification KB article was revised today the 9th July. Nothing about age verification on the Dashboard now, it's the age when you set up your account.

When you register for Second Life, you provide your birth date, because you are required to be at least 16 years old. If you are 13-15 years old, you may be allowed if you are restricted to the estate of a sponsoring organization. For more information, see Teens in Second Life.

To access adult content, you must be at least 18 years old.

Accessing adult content

To visit Adult-designated regions in Second Life or view Adult-rated search results, you must:

1. Be 18 years or older.  We determine your age based on the birthdate you provide when you set up your Second Life account.
  2. Set your Viewer preferences to view adult content.  See Accessing Adult land and content for instructions.

For information on what constitues adult content, see Maturity ratings.

EDIT 2.47pm SLT.

Excerpt from my Forum thread from someone affected by this.:

I just got off of a live chat with concierge support.  From now on, to age verify, you must open a ticket and send a photo copy of your legal identification.  This effect is cascading and will, eventually, affect all residents

EDIT: Damn this is getting confusing:

Grid Status:

Age Verification Error

[Posted 2:40pm PDT, 09 July 2012] We are aware that there are some issues with trying to access restricted areas of the grid. We are looking into the cause and expect this issue to be resolved by the end of the day. In the meantime if you need assistance with verifying your age, please contact support.

• Like 2

Vous avez fourni votre date de naissance correcte lorsque vous avez rejoint Second Life, afin que votre âge a déjà été vérifiée. Maintenant, vous devez indiquer votre préférence pour l'accès aux zones adultes. Faire dans de Préférences générales. Parce que vous venez rejoint hier Second Life, cependant, vous aurez encore probablement pas en mesure de visiter de nombreux domaines pour adultes. Les propriétaires fonciers empêchent souvent de nouveaux arrivants rendant dans les zones adultes jusqu'à ce qu'ils soient âgés d'au moins 30 jours. Ils font cela pour décourager les fauteurs de trouble de perturber leurs domaines.

You have responded to an ANCIENT thread. At least some of the information in it has been out of date for years and none is relevant to your question. The only problem that you are encountering is that you are a newbie. It's nothing personal, but landowners in Adult regions commonly block anyone less than a month old from entering. It's their best way to keep the nastiest griefers out -- the ones who get bored or banned within their first 30 days. So, wander off and explore for a while. Practice your basic skills. Make some frioends. And come back to the Adult regions in a month.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.