No internet problems, tried router restart, DNS flush, still "DNS cannot resolve host name". Ideas?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

As above, I've tried the standard tricks, restarting the router, flushing the DNS.... despite the fact that I have no internet problems whatsoever, both viewers I have installed give me "DNS cannot resolve host name". I am a bit at a loss, since this is a totally new problem for me and hasn't occured before.

EDITED to add:

My default DNS setting was "automatic", adding Google DNS helped once, but on next connection, the problem occured again. My router/modem is connected via cable and brand new. 

And no, I checked my computer repeatedly for DNS changer and it's clean.

2 answers to this question

Try assigning different DNS servers.  The public Google DNS servers work well for most people.  Don't delete the ones that your ISPO assigns you by default, but add the Google servers to them as the first options.  Here's how >>> https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

There are a couple of other possibilities, if that still doesn't help.  First, if you've been using wireless, that can cause connection problems all by itself.  Wireless loses too much information and bandwidtrh to interference, and it was never designed for continuous data transmission anyway.  It sends data in bursts.  Second, you may actually have a faulty router.  It happens.  Equipment gets old, suffers heat damage, or components simply wear out.  Try temporarily plugging your computer directly into the modem, bypassing the router completely.  If that works, then you probably have a bad router and need to think about a replacement.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.