Sign in to follow this  
Love13Life

How do you know your Pregant?

You can't get pregnant in Second Life.  You can only choose to roleplay a pregnancy with one of the special HUDS created for this that you buy.  Each HUD is different.  With some you just turn the pregnancy on, no partner required.  Other's require a partner that  wears a male HUD that interacts with yours to get you pregnant.  The HUD will let you know when you succeed.

How long you are pregnant and what happens during the pregnancy is determined by the HUD.  However, most of them give you choice about this.

To appear pregnant you have to change your shape periodically to simulate a growing belly.  The shapes either come with the HUD, are available for sale or you can make your own if you know how to make a shape

To 'deliver' a baby you need specific animations as well as a prim baby.  Both may be purchased.  If you want to go all out you can go to a doctor periodically and to a hospital to deliver, but again this cost money  If you elect to do this, they usually provide the animations.

All in all expect to spend several thousand lindens from the time you buy a HUD to the time you hold a baby in your arms.

Please note: Some of the HUDS are what are what others refer to as 'tummy talkers'.  They spam local chat with all kinds of  stuff that no one wants to hear except those in the roleplay. Some are reports such as  'mommy has to swollen feet" others simulate a talking fetus.   If you choose to do roleplay a pregnancy, get one that you can turn off the spam or have it only shown on your screen when you are out in public.  If you go around spamming everyone with your roleplay prepare to be hassled, and maybe even ejected or banned from certain places for annoying others.

Sometimes someone might do something and you will get a notice saying you are pregnant, but really, to be prego in SL you have to know what you are doing, play the part, plan, etc... A silly notice means nothing, kind of like the vamp bites that say you are 3% less human.

In other words, it does NOT happen by accident or without you knowing.

So worry not.

If you WANT to be and are trying, just find out the specifics of whatever pregnancy equipment you bought.

Love13Life wrote:

I am wondering how you know 

Well, its like this. After you have sex there is a small chance that his sprem have made it successfully to your egg and combined with it to form a new lifeform. If this has happened  you can take a pregnancy test or see your OB/Gyn, where they can give you the same test. According to my wifes OB the over the counter tests are 99% accurate. If the test is positive you are pregnant. If not, you aren't.

Or you could just wait 9 months and see what happens.

But i would recommend going to the OB.

Did you not use protection? How many times did you have sex? And why do you think you might be pregnant?

The cool thing about SL RPed pregnancy is that if you are a male, you CAN still be pregnant! 

So if you're going to waste the lindens to go through a RPed pregnancy, you may as well get a male avvie first just for funsies. IF you really are the troll I think you might be.

In all seriousness, though.. If you want to fork over the lindens to get that much into the RP, it can be a wonderful experience. I'm the godmother of the daughter of two of my very good friends. They love that little prim baby like she's their favorite cake outta the oven. And I do believe they're planning on RPing her growing up. 

Love13Life wrote:

I thought I was once when my scripted fridge suddenly had pickles and ice cream in there. Was a false alarm. They were my roomate's.

;)

Assuming you have been sexually active, missing a period usually (not always) means you are pregnant. You can get a test at the drugstore that is very reliable. But, it is best to see your doctor - the missing period could be from something else.

If you are actively trying to get pregnant, then use the drugstore test more often than once a month, see your doctor as soon as either the test says you are pregnant or you miss a period.

Of course, all of the above is RL. In SL you aren't pregnant unless you want to be. I have never tried it in SL, so I don't know. All my experience in those matters are in RL.

BTW - missing a period is quite normal for young girls who just started having them or older women about to start menopause. In RL, that is. Periods are one of the things we don't have to worry about in SL.

Marybeth Cooperstone wrote:

Periods are one of the things we don't have to worry about in SL.

You do realize that there are groups for folks who have a fetish for menstrual sex?

Perrie Juran wrote:

You do realize that there are groups for folks who have a fetish for menstrual sex?

......nothing like showing up late to the party I guess.

Perrie Juran said:

--------------------------------

Yes, I have heard of such in RL. Thinking about it, it seems gross, but I will try not to be judgmental if it involves consenting adults. But in SL anyone with such a fetish would be frustrated, because we don't have periods in SL. At least, I haven't had one in SL.

Tracy Redangel wrote:

Pee on a rabbit. Ask somebody if they have one. If the rabbit dies, you're pregnant.

Don't use the Meeroo's as 99.8% of the time you will get a false positive.  

Tracy Redangel said:

Pee on a rabbit. Ask somebody if they have one. If the rabbit dies, you're pregnant.

--------------------------------

But then you have to get a vet to do a necropsy (animal autopsy) to make sure it didn't die of anything else. Also, getting a bunny rabbit to stand still while you squat down over it is a real trick!

If you're using Mama Allpa, i found this page where is FAQ: https://sites.google.com/site/hudmamaallpa/Home/faq-1

I remember i saw somewhere an ad of this hud, and if i don't understand it totally wrong it can get you pregnant without you knowing it right away. :P Thrilling possibility... :matte-motes-shocked:

"Don't just be a pixel-doll for the amusement of others, add the thrilling possibility of pregnancy to your Second Life!

Whether it's the joy of sharing it with that special someone, or the risk of unprotected, unplanned sex you seek, Mama-Allpa delivers in more ways than one!

Mama-Allpa gives you realism:-The full female experience is managed for you, menstruation, fertility, conception and pregnancy." https://sites.google.com/site/hudmamaallpa/

Please correct me if i'm wrong, may be my understanding of english since it's not my mother language makes me understand wrong. Idk if there is other similar huds or huds that work like that?

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

All in all expect to spend several thousand lindens from the time you buy a HUD to the time you hold a baby in your arms.

Not true. All you need is the Mama Allpa hud, which costs 250L. The prim baby is included. Delivery at their clinic using their gear is free. It's highly customizeable - you can have an hour long pregnancy and deliver 6+ babies if you wish.

I hope Love13Life knows if she is pregnant in RL or SL. I wonder if she was talking about RL or SL. If it is RL, I hope, if is RL her pregnancy status is what she wants at this time. (some women are terrified that they may be pregnant, others are just as terrified that the won't be.) Of course, if she was asking about SL, you can't get pregnant in SL unless you want to.

Mary Beth

I think you may be referring to the freebie "OnDuty **bleep**" that looked well, free.  I try to avoid men,  who are to cheap to buy a decent package.  OnDutys I believe it ummm spews it's love around then sends messages out.  I am not a guy so really don't know.  They use to have a clinic you could go to and "not be pregnant"    I was told the "OnDuty was obsolete and not supported anymore so all that is left is the annoying members. 

Deciduan and Mama Allpa both offer different options.  I think the Mama Allpa is more expensive but not by much.  Both are less thatn 300L per gender.   I have used both and prefer the Deciduan.

Love13Life wrote:

hmmm .. i thot i was banned from here but i guess i got unbanned

if you want to get pregnant you need a hud like the Mama Allpa .. & your partner needs the male version .. i didnt think id get pregnant cuz we didnt have slex during my fertile period .. but theres a probability thingie built in & even tho youre not very likely to conceive outside your fertile period you still can .. which is of course what happened to me .. so i didnt know i was preggerz til i got to the end of my 28 day cycle & just kept going .. 29,30,31 days etc .. thats when i checked & sure enuf !! i was going to be a mom LoL

so .. when i told the guy i was pregnant ~much to my surprise~ he was thrilled !! it was fun pushing the sliders to make my belly grow & give my boobs more gravity .. etc .. i tried to make myself look realistic .. but @ 6 months the dad was going to the UK in RL so we had to speed things up .. so i went from 6 mos to full term overnite LoL .. the dad bought the zOObie baby & named him Jaques .. the hud had determined that he was a boy .. we got an animation of giving birth on a cow skin & my sister delivered Jaques w/ his dad there .. the birth was a bonding experience & was fun!

ZooBie babies are weird .. they disappear when you rezz them & then you hav2 go2 the Zoobie place & get a box thats a baby finder ~its free~ & it will find your baby for you .. its a hassle tho & some moms FREAK when their baby disappears .. for your baby to grow & develop you hav2 keep spendning $L .. its kinduv a scam .. but if youre content w/ your perpetual newborn its ok .. or .. you can spend buku $L on all kindsuv baby stuff if thats your thing .. i hava friend who recently rped pregnancy & giving birth & she went all out .. prenatal visits & lamaze & the whole works .. she has tons of baby clothing & accessories too .. i didnt get nearly that elaborate about it myself

so Jaques dad proposed to me & i accepted .. he bought me a nice engagement ring & i thot all was fine .. but then a few times i was logged in2 SL but was working on my music stream & didnt have the SL screen open & didnt notice him login .. & apparently he ended up thinking i was snubbing or ignoring him on purpose or something .. & became all butt hurt & broke up w/ me on my 1st yr rezz day .. so now im a single mom w/ a baby that will never grow up & who disappears when i rezz him .. i dont get him outuv inv very often anymore but now & then its peaceful & relaxing to get Jaques out & just hold him or nurse him ..... so if youre in2 being a SL mom .. thats how it works ... have fun !!

Jeanne