What or How do I find other ways to purchase linden. I need to know if you can do it with B pay?

kelster5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Lelster

Below is the top tutorial about buying Lindens:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-and-selling-Linden-dollars/ta-p/700107

There are many 3rd party Linden Exchanges out there but we can not recommend any per the Answers Codes of Conduct. Also, Linden Lab does not certify any 3rd party Linden Exchanges so do your homework well and be careful. When looking for 3rd party Linden Exchanges, the more legitimate of them will use the Linden Risk API to determine your standing in the Linden Lab community and credit worthiness. While this is no guarantee that they are more legitimate than other exchanges, it is a good indicator that these exchanges are at least following similar rules as LL itself in allowing the purchase & sale of Lindens.

• Like 2

If you search the Internet, you may find people who offer to buy and sell L$.  That is a very risky thing to do, though. You will rarely get an exchange rate as good as you will get on the Lindex, Linden Lab's official exchange, and you will not have a guarantee of safety.  Several phishing scams have been reported recently, in which SL residents have been scammed into giving away imporant account information.  You may have your RL accounts or identity compromised.

• Like 1

Everyone who's answered is right...but as Karen says, there ARE legitimate third party $L exchange sites.  They will state that they use the "Linden Lab Exchange Risk API".  They will, of course, ask for your SL avatar user name, but NOT your password...though you will no doubt be asked to create an account and a password to use their service.

NEVER buy $L from anyone on eBay!

Every single way to purchase $L?  Why would you need to know that?  All you really need is ONE way that will work for you.

In general, LL will accept major credit cards or a verified PayPal account.  Most debit and prepaid cards are NOT accepted.  I prefer to use PayPal, backed up by a RL bank account that I use only for on line transactions, and that does not have a great deal of money in it.  This has two advantages:  It limits my possible loss in the event of an identity compromise, and it allows me to transfer profits OUT of SL and back into Real Life.

Third party exchanges will often accept payment methods that LL does not, but the exchange rates are not as good as you will get with the Lindex.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.