At least this Christian wants peace and friendship

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

bejjinks wrote:

Okay, I've learned my lesson. I better not tell you I'm male because if I tell you that I'm male, it means that I hate women. Apparently I can't tell you anything about who I am or you will assume I'm trying to make you just like me. So fine, I'll go crawl under a rock and die because apparently, anyone who is different from you is oppressing you and preventing you from expressing yourself. So let's kill everyone who isn't exactly like you and then you can finally be accepted and no longer oppressed. Then maybe there will be peace on Earth.

Bejjinks, I think  you're getting a less than warm and welcoming response for several reasons. I've seen your kind of hyperbole before, it's difficult to take seriously. If your goal was to establish the rationality of your Christian perspective, fantasizing objectionable behavior onto us hardly seems the best method.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bejjinks wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

bejjinks wrote:

See without Jesus, I view this world as a living Hell. War, poverty, greed, slavery, oppression. If the Atheists are right, than we should all commit suicide because oblivion sounds so much more appealing than life on Earth.

I see, so your religion, which is one of the younger ones, has to be the one that is correct? Was this world a living hell before Christianity came about? Did the evil and corrupt just spring up when Christianity was created? oh wait.. according to your big book of fiction, the world didnt exist before your God created it 5000 years ago. my bad, i forgot.

Believe whatever you want. This world was a living Hell before Christianity came about? They used to sacrifice children regularly to a fertility goddess that demanded blood. But don't bring your hatred around me.

Even if that were true...and I highly doubt it was a living hell...the invention of Christianity doesn't mean that the bible is accurate or that God exists...it just means some guys thought inventing Christianity would calm people down annd force people to do what's right. It's called crowd control.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

bejjinks wrote:

Okay, I've learned my lesson. I better not tell you I'm male because if I tell you that I'm male, it means that I hate women. Apparently I can't tell you anything about who I am or you will assume I'm trying to make you just like me. So fine, I'll go crawl under a rock and die because apparently, anyone who is different from you is oppressing you and preventing you from expressing yourself. So let's kill everyone who isn't exactly like you and then you can finally be accepted and no longer oppressed. Then maybe there will be peace on Earth.

Bejjinks, I think  you're getting a less than warm and welcoming response for several reasons. I've seen your kind of hyperbole before, it's difficult to take seriously. If your goal was to establish the rationality of your Christian perspective, fantasizing objectionable behavior onto us hardly seems the best method.

My goal was not to establish the rationality of my Christian perspective.

Solaria Goldshark wrote:

bejjinks wrote:

Believe whatever you want. This world was a living Hell before Christianity came about?

....I wonder if Native Americans thought of their world as a living hell before the Europeans invaded.

Repeat after me......."I am a dumbass"

Chiricahua Apachii almost became extinct..Some bands knocked down to only a couple of hundred..

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

bejjinks wrote:

“Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” 

― 

Because the Christians are so non-violent to other religions, right?

I'm not making a blanket statement about all Christians. I'm saying that Martin Luther King Jr. and I are non-violent and we both happen to be Christians. I'm saying that maybe some Christians are violent but there are Christians who are not violent. And you can't make me be loving by hating me without cause. Trust me that it does not help me to stay kind when people track me down in Second Life and act violently toward me but I will stay non-violent like Martin Luther King Jr.

bejjinks wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

bejjinks wrote:

“Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” 

― 

I'm not making a blanket statement about all Christians. I'm saying that Martin Luther King Jr. and I are non-violent and we both happen to be Christians. I'm saying that maybe some Christians are violent but there are Christians who are not violent. And you can't make me be loving by hating me without cause. Trust me that it does not help me to stay kind when people track me down in Second Life and act violently toward me but I will stay non-violent like Martin Luther King Jr.

Woah wait a minute...someone from this forum actually tracked you down in Second Life and was violent towards you? That is totally uncalled for even for the biggest of disputes.

bejjinks wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

bejjinks wrote:

― 

You might not have made blanket statements about Christians, but you were at least tossing towels over others here...

"I better not tell you I'm male because if I tell you that I'm male, it means that I hate women. Apparently I can't tell you anything about who I am or you will assume I'm trying to make you just like me. So fine, I'll go crawl under a rock and die because apparently, anyone who is different from you is oppressing you and preventing you from expressing yourself. So let's kill everyone who isn't exactly like you and then you can finally be accepted and no longer oppressed. Then maybe there will be peace on Earth."

I'll guess this hyperbole was born of frustration, perhaps over the way you were treated by this SL person you mention. I can sympathize with that, I've experienced threats in SL as well and it's quite unpleasant. But to extrapolate that behavior to others isn't warranted.

Give us time to exhibit bad behavior before convicting us!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.