SL viewer issues

Ryoken2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i found second life awhile and was wondering wether or not to try i finally did... i downloaded it and installed the 28mb file from the site and i go to start it and when i do all i get is a screen thats half black and half gray and when i move the mouse around and i see were there are text boxs and buttons but i dont see anything... plz help ( i have changed the compatiablity and all that fun stuff nothing )

i've looked and people need my specs to help so here

CPU: Intel® Core i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz (up to date )

video card is: Intel® HD Graphics family  1700MB memory  ( up to date )

RAM: 4GB

DX11

Windows 7

by no means is this laptop slow

see here: https://secondlife.com/my/support/system-requirements/   for second life system requirements.

SL is not intended to be run on a lap top but having said that, if you have the graphics card etc., you can do so.   One of the things occurring is as viewers are updated, the systems required to run it need to be better and better.

I do think the problem though, is your onboard vid card.  I don't believe it is powerful enough for the intense graphics.

I'm sure you'll get more replies here, there are many in this forum that are very savy to systems that are able to run sl.

Hope you find the answer :)

intense graphics ?  from the most recent screens  i looks like it run off the half life engine or maybe the HL2    these graphics are no were near  the games i have played on this laptop  sorry to be very defensive but i dont see how a laptop that can run  crysis 2 ,  BF3, MW3, tera online, and other VERy intense graphical games  with ease and not run a less graphic program... starting to believe it's not on my end

reading the system requierments doesn't help since these requierments are lower in D3  adn i run that like silk also not to be an A-hole  you can still run programs wether they do  met the requierments or not but for a login in screen not to appear and jsut have black and gray boxs,  says nothing of the "grahpicial intense" requirements when there is very little in the way of graphics on a login screen.. if i was to have problems graphics wise it would be in game not on a login screen

The last time I did a fresh install of the SL viewer--a week or so ago--it defaulted to "high" settings even though the computer I installed on had no chance of running on high.

If you still want to try the SL viewer and can access the preferences menu on the log in screen set your graphics to "low" and see if that helps.

Am having the same issues with the login screen....had to do a re-install on the pc and it was working up to this.....just getting a half black half grey screen instead of the usual login screen...nothing else appearing

Any help much appreciated....will be trying one of the third party viewers tho to see if that makes a difference.

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU
Graphics : ATI Mobility Radeon HD family
RAM : 3070MB
DirectX 11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.