Using Morphs in DazStudio to quickly Change a mesh

Medhue Simoni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, recently, I been playing around with morphs in DazStudio. Yesterday, I was thinking, it would be super easy for me to drop an avatar that I made into Daz and use the morphs to change the avatar, as I've had many requests for a female version of my avatar. I haven't done the female version because I'd have to change the whole avatar, basically, and I just don't really enjoy making avatars. I guess I could use 3ds Max's morphing system but Daz's is just super easy and quick. I haven't dropped the mesh into Daz yet to start working on the female version but I thought I'd post a video for you all to see how it works. The avatar that I'm using in the video is the default Genesis character with the MS Lycan full body morph. You should be able to drop any OBJ into Daz and morph it. Then, you can easily export it and drop it into Max, Blender or whatever to export it in SL's collada format.

You probably want to watch this in HD to see the text.

The video above shows how to make a morph. I don't really use Blender. I have used it to make animations but not much else. Half the point of learning to make stuff with Daz, is that Daz products have a consumer base. Plus, they use Poser models too, and that is a whole other consumer base. So, in learning Daz, a creator has a whole other market to sell for, including the SL consumer base.

• 1 year later...

MorbidBeauty Oleander wrote:

Ive recently started back in sl... Im a skin and shape creator from way back.. Now, the technology in sl is changing to mesh avatars.  Ive started dabbling in Daz and have created some great results.. My question is, and it may be a noob one lol. How do i save my work and then upload to sl?

Thank you ahead of time

Morbid

Well, Daz's collada exporter doesn't export in a compatible SL collada format. I could be wrong here tho, but I know it won't export rigged characters correctly. I was basically showing how some1 could use the morph system in Daz to morph the clothing items they make. You would then export the items as an obj file and import it into 3ds Max, Maya, or Blender and rig it to an avatar or just export it as a compatible collada file. Blender is free and you can get a plugin for 20 dollars called Avastar. This will help you rig and animate items you make, as well as the correct collada format to export the correct dae file for SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.