Sign in to follow this  
JarlishtariAbeyante

Cancel my account

Question

If you have a Basic membership, don't bother cancelling it.  It costs you nothing at all to keep the account alive, but if you cancel it and want to reinstate the account, it will cost you $9.95.  AND you might not get your avatar and your inventory back.  So, leave any groups that normally charge you a fee, so that your account doesn't keep incurring those small fees, and move out of any place that you are paying rent.  Then just go "on vacation" in RL.  Your account will still be here, waiting quietly for your return.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

If you have a Basic membership, don't bother cancelling it.  It costs you nothing at all to keep the account alive, but if you cancel it and want to reinstate the account, it will cost you $9.95.  AND you might not get your avatar and your inventory back.  So, leave any groups that normally charge you a fee, so that your account doesn't keep incurring those small fees, and move out of any place that you are paying rent.  Then just go "on vacation" in RL.  Your account will still be here, waiting quietly for your return.

• Like 1

Jarl,

First of all. The is no need to cancel your account whatsoever. If you are leaving for a short period or long period of time, simply follow the steps below that apply:

PREMIUM OR FREE AVATAR ACCOUNT

1) In-World, abandon all land you own/lease from LL or any private parties.

2) If you have land tiers allocated to any land groups, edit your membership in those groups and reset your land use fees tier donation to zero [0]

3) Log into your account after the above is done and reduce your land tier payment level to zero

https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php?lang=en-US

4) Premium Member - select the free account membership option. This will take effect at the end of your existing paid up to membership plan.

https://secondlife.com/my/account/membership.php?lang=en-US

5) Important - Leave all groups you are in..
[Group owners can cause you to incur debts to LL without notice.]

CANCELING YOU ACCOUNT [OPTIONAL]

If you really feel the need to cancel [Delete] the account, do it from here only after all the above are completed

https://secondlife.com/my/account/cancel.php?lang=en-US

Your account is recoverable for 30 days after the cancellation request is processed for a fee of $9.95.

• Like 1