[Suggestion To MP] flag/remove COPYBOTTED (pirated) items in the Marketplace

Super String

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No, it actually says "This can be done either by fax or written letter (regular mail or courier). Emails will not be accepted unless a prior arrangement has been made."

"a prior arrangement has been made" means you've already or ever sent a written letter or fax to them in prior, if they treat email the same as fax according to what you said, they don't bother to say "This can be done either by fax or written letter (regular mail or courier). Emails will not be accepted unless a prior arrangement has been made."

Super String wrote:

but what really matters is when you start to see such brainless and shameless stolen behavior appears on the marketplace, can you keep silent? can marketplace remains silent? this kind of marketplace is corrupt.   

Yup, this situation is pretty much hopeless. The bottom line is humans are rotten. Most people don't care except those who get stolen and their supporters. People buy stolen items even if they know they are stolen if they are cheaper, thus they are supporting thieves. Of course there are clueless new people who buy them without knowing it, though. The other day I was reading a group chat of a men's fashion group in-world. Someone asked where he could get a cheap but quality skin, then another guy said, "Try the MP you can get stolen skins for free or very cheap". lol 

So Super, you'd be better off not thinking too much about it. You only get frustrated. And when you file DMCA notifications, try online free fax if you've not tried yet. That saves a lot of money for me.

Super String wrote:

No, it actually says "
This can be done either by fax or written letter (regular mail or courier). Emails will not be accepted unless a prior arrangement has been made.
"

"a prior arrangement has been made"
 means you've already or ever sent a written letter or fax to them in prior, if they treat email the same as fax according to what you said, they don't bother to say 
"
This can be done either by fax or written letter (regular mail or courier). Emails will not be accepted unless a prior arrangement has been made.
"

Ok, you want to tirelessly debate semantics when it's all futile since yet again, i'll state simply that the role of IP copyright issues remain firmly in the domain of the legal processes and not within the realm of Linden Labs sole judgement.

This is correct and appropriate.

This does not remove the fact that I know that appropriate signed emails are accepted despite what the DMCA page says.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.