Monthly Marketplace progress update?

Sassy Romano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Give or take a day, a month has passed since the last Marketplace update post.

In a month, a glacier will have typically moved about 30 feet.  (The fastest glacier movement recorded was 80 feet in a day!)

In a month, a three person development team will have had roughly 500 hours project time.

A month ago, there were a several show stopper JIRA issues and all of them except one remained "under investigation".  Only https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4587 (incorrect images on listings) was posted as "under test".

How long will this sit in test, will the resolution FIX all the incorrect images or will the burden be placed upon the merchant?

A progress report is (over)due.

Its incredible to see how LL doesnt care.

ive submited a ticket some times ago. I had an answer : the ticket is not the good way to warn about this issue. sent to jira.

Ok. so i went in the jira, and writed about this issue.

Ive noticed we are legion with the same pb.

Every day new pp leave a new comment about this issue.

and ...... Still nothing.....my Market place store is displaying wrong pics, with no links for the items and even, no price either.

This Jira has been created on the 28th of March....and we are in july !

So it sounds they dont care..... at all... 

Dogs! We have acquired bug detecting dogs to track down the true source of the bugs.

Unfortunately they keep coming back to sniff our butts. We're not sure what this means.

To expland on your 500 hours (good point), at their pay rate that's roughly $19,000 (before taxes and friends) for that month, or put a better way,  63 private regions worth of tier out of users pockets for working on marketplace bugs.

And we wonder why prices don't get lowered.

Sassy Romano wrote:

How long will this sit in test, will the resolution FIX all the incorrect images or will the burden be placed upon the merchant?

Except that in many cases, including mine, the merchants can do nothing about the mixed listings since they don't show up in "edit listings."  I've tried contacting the merchant whose photos (different ones over the months) have showed up on my images.  In one case the merchant was no longer listed on the MP nor in world (ie. no profile).  Another merchant showed up as having a MP store, but no listings (also no in world profile), and the remaining merchants never responded to my IMs/note cards (I always send both when in doubt).

We could be stuck with these mixed listings for who knows how long.

For a long time, I've been someone who always tried to defend LL when people started with their bashing again, because I realised what a huge project SL is and how much work there is, handling everything that comes with it.

However, since a few weeks, I can't help but at least agree in one critical point: It's unbearable how uncommunicative LL is!

I know, even communication takes time that might be better spent on fixing bugs. However, a small status update will help so much to keep the masses informed and therefore calm. Or, the other way round: having no info about the progess at all makes me feel like LL doesn't care about a specific problem at all.

So, although I still think it is unbelievable what amount of work LL's employees have to accomplish every day, their policy of "not informing the users about what's currently going on" simply seems stupid to me.

This is not only true for the progess on Marketplace issues, it is true for SL as a whole.

How can we make LL finally understand this? Darn it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.