I cant run sl viewer since a week

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got used to SL Viewer and it worked great for me, I use laptop with radeon card but there was no problems before, suddenly each time I try to poen viewer it stops at vfs and thats the end. I tried to reinstal the viewer clean this or that but nothing helps, I use exodus viewer now but I would like to use the one I got used to

Any ideas what is wrong? Please help

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

Otherwise, on Windows click Start and type DXDIAG, case doesn’t matter. That will open the dxdiag in the panel. It will give you your system specs. We need to know video driver version, OpenGL version, …

Check your computer against the minimum the System Requirements | Second Life. They have probably changed since your last check.

When you have been running ok and a viewer update takes you down, check that your video drivers are up to date.

When a viewer stops loading at Initialising VFS, it's usually a cache issue and manually deleting the Second Life folders in AppData should fix it.

Enable Hidden Files & Folders if not already done.:

1) Open Control Panel
2) Open “Folder Options”
3) Open the “View” tab
4) Check “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”

Press OK and close control panel.

Accessing AppData:

Browse to the path below that corresponds to your operating system:

Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\

Windows Vista - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\

Windows Vista Home Premium - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\

Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\ 

Inside the AppData folder:

1) Open the Local folder and delete the entire Second Life folder.

2) Go back one level to the AppData folder.

3) Open the Roaming folder and delete the entire Second Life folder. If you wish to save existing chat files you've had with other avatars, move the Roaming > [avatar name] folder elsewhere on your computer and drag any chat text files you wish to retain into the new Roaming > [avatar name] folder once Second Life is reinstalled and you've logged in at least once. Ignore if you don't want to save any.

4) Restart your computer.

Now open Second Life. It will create new default folders in AppData and hopefully you can now log in.

• 3 weeks later...

I also use an ATI setup on my main machine SL does not like ATI  Sl seems very sensitive to the Catalyst version you are using the last version that works well is 12.1 released earlier this year January I believe if you are using the later versions SL seems to work for a while then becomes problimatical roll back to 12.1 then turn off the , sorry have to open it and look , )) in the 3d settings disable the Catalyst AI setting it seems that it makes problems

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.