rentals and LL policy change???

reconkangas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i was informed by my rental company that unless i pay a massive fee that i will not be allowed to just order a sim pretty much stunting growth. i dont have 300+ USD to order a homestead so i rent now they want same fee's as if i am buying it what gives?

same with a change in not only moving a sim but also renaming them costing almost 5 times more than before .

someone please help me understand what LL is doing and why.

its a change at the higher level.... real estate companies that were able to order and remove sims from the grid due to the amount of there holdings are no longer able to do that. they are charged the same as the rest of us passing down that hugh deposit of 250k lindens for a full region, 100k for a homestead just to be able to RENT one. i had 13 sims with dream seekers and moved to chun estates with 8 and now i simply cannot order a sim they want the deposit now for them.....

they are claiming its LL policy change

Definitely not my area, but as far as I've heard the discount program for large estate holders is still active.

If you're renting from one of the smaller Chung estates (Not Dreamseekers/ACS) however, it could well be that they're small enough now that they don't qualify for the discounts any longer.

There aren't many of those estate holders who participate in this forum; I would suspect getting a definite answer from here will be difficult. The 'Answers' section might be more useful?

I've not heard about any changes to the preferred pricing progam that large estate holders were getting, but what do I know. It's always been all very hush-hush.

In any case, it would be stupid to pay someone else the setup fee that LL charges so that you could then rent the sim that you paid for from them. Better off paying LL directly and getting title to the sim yourself (or buying a "used" one).

I'm not entirely sure what you are saying.  But I think you are saying that you are renting sims from someone else (not "purchasing" from Linden Lab).  In the past (or maybe it was with a former estate owner who you rented from) you could rent without paying and setup fees or move fees and now you are being asked to pay those fees upfront?  I don't think LL has anything to do with your "problem".  Linden Lab charges setup fees plus monthly fees (tier) for any sim anyone purchases and those fees have not changed for several years (I've heard of not changes to the policies).  For whatever reason the estate owner you are renting from (or the new estate owner you changed to) is no longer absorbing those setup fees.  I think you issue is with whoever you are renting from.......not LL.

BTW, if you were able to rent or move sims in the past without having to pay those setup fees, I would say consider yourself very lucky to be able to get such a savings of a considerable amount of real money.  The gravy train has come to the end of the line, apparently.  For the best deal I would think you would be better off dealing directly with LL instead of an estate owner......that way their is no middle man who is going to take a profit (charge you more than LL charges them for the land you rent).

i agree 100% but in being fair i can not personally justify the expence of paying a hugh down payment or buying a homestead and moving it and changing the name, moving cost were rough about 100 usd and renaming was about 32 USD now the price jumped almost 5 times that rough now is over 300 to move and 100 to rename. now i do not know DSE lost its program by losing growth but i do know i did work for them as customer support and a friend that still works there told me it is a policy change that affects ALL real estate companies

what i am saying is simple if i wanted to rent a sim as long as by the end of the tier date is up those big real estate companies payed NO set up fee's for buying or removing sims from the grid except what they increased for the 5% growth rate per quarter.

now for some policy change they DO have to pay for all transactions, but this was the catch that allowed anyone to rent instead of buy from LL.

allowing ppl like me to own flight able sim groups for people to enjoy instead of trying to fly in the trash rididn mainland were you get slapped constantly and people put sky boxes at 500 feet.

reconkangas wrote:

i agree 100% but in being fair i can not personally justify the expence of paying a hugh down payment...

If you're now being asked to pay the setup fee anyway, would you rather you got title to the sim? Or not?

If you purchase an existing sim, the cost will be nowhere near the cost of the setup fee.

... over 300 to move and 100 to rename.

I'd say you're getting taken for a ride, if you're being told that that is the cost to move or rename one sim.

There is a $150 charge to move a Private Region.

There is a US$50 charge to rename a Private Region.

I'd walk away.

Moving and renaming are included, btw, when you buy an existing sim.

I share the general confusion about what exactly you're trying to, and what prices you've been quoted.   You can't own a homestead unless you also own a full sim,  so I'm slightly puzzled where ordering a homestead comes into it.   

Be that as it may, if you want to buy a full sim, I'd suggest you contact one of the owners of the inworld group, For Sale by Owner  to ask for an invitation.   I've always used that group when buying and selling sims, and been very satisfied with the results.   There's certainly no need to pay the full LL set up fee -- sometimes owners are prepared to settle for the transaction costs and any outstanding tier, just so they're not out of pocket.

reconkangas wrote:

i do not know DSE lost its program by losing growth but i do know i did work for them as customer support and a friend that still works there told me it is a policy change that affects ALL real estate companies

if is true then ouch! for the big barons. less ouch for the little barons tho. well is still ouch but not ouch! ouch! like before

There is a charge for moving a sim and one for renaming it.  It applies when the sim is not changing estate owners.  So if you are renting an existing sim and want it moved and renamed then the fees for doing this will be passed on to you.  it is also likely that they will charge a bit more for the time they have to expend seeing that it is done properly.  However they shouild only charge a resonable amount over and above the cost to them.

Owners of very large estates do pay less or not at all for some things.  I have heard of no change to this.  However the estate your dealing with may have become ineligble for this pricing plan and so has to pay what everyone else does.

If you buy a full sim with the estate rights on the secondary market from another estate owner there is a trasfer fee but no additional charge to move it and rename it AT THE SAME TIME THE TRANSFER TAKES PLACE.  If you don't put this information on the original transfer ticket and ask later, you will be charged. If you are already an estate owener and want to buy a homestead from another estate owner, the same thing applies.  However you can't buy a homestead unless you already own a full sim. I have heard of no change in this policy.

If i were you i'd look at the secondary market and perhaps buy sims there and become your own estate owner.  You will have to pay an up front cost for the sims,but far less than what LL charges and may recoup the cost in a reasonable time due to the saviings in monthly tiers. After that the tier savings could be significant.   Its worth a look and running some figures to see if it is a better deal for you.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

If you're renting from one of the smaller Chung estates (Not Dreamseekers/ACS) however, it could well be that they're small enough now that they don't qualify for the discounts any longer.

i doubt this part as i know about the possibilty of alternate estate ownership. Some of our reselling agencies have their owner added for alternate estate owner on their regions, so their name appears to be estate owner in menu estate/region and parcel info, but the original estate owner, the payor, is still registered for Linden Lab. I could imagine that the smaller Chung estate owning residents are just alternate estate owner as well, but Dreamland ACS or whoever still as the actual estate owner listed/registered..., which means the estates are only public split, not for LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.