Sign in to follow this  
Sky Linnaeus

Script to change texture at a specific time?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need to create an object that will change textures once per day at 9 pm slt. The script I have right now is

list textures = ["0ec3304e-6eda-9556-7306-acb0846685de",
"17ce195b-4077-910b-1464-7dd086f8d63a",
"f0015cd5-47f4-d192-dead-024148b2bd14",
"21ffc27d-dc56-c10b-0194-4def0635ae0a",
"20cae3ac-4111-9d63-48d6-c890d10f2351"];
float INTERVAL=30.0;
integer HOUR_OFFSET=-4;

update()
{
integer time=llGetUnixTime()+(HOUR_OFFSET*3600);

integer day=(time/(24*60*60)) % 5;
integer hour=(time/(60*60)) % 24;
}

integer textures_number;
integer current_index;

{state_entry()
{
llSetTimerEvent(INTERVAL);
update();
textures_number = llGetListLength(textures);
}
timer()

{
llSetTexture(llList2String(textures,current_index),0);
if(++current_index >= textures_number)
current_index = 0;
}

}

But instead of changing once per day it is changing the script every 30 seconds. This is my first attempt at scripting and I'm really just trying to merge 2 scripts but not succeeding and I've probably mangaled it pretty badly. Can anyone help?

This is how I would do the timer, I think.   I've not tested it, but I think this how I've done it in the past.

float NinePM = 75600.0;//21 hours in secondsfloat TwentyFourHours = 86400.0;//24 hours in secondsfloat t;calculate_time(){	float now = llGetWallclock();//get the time now	if(now<NinePM){//if it's before 9pm slt		t = NinePM-now; //seconds till 9pm	}	else{		t = (TwentyFourHours - now)+NinePM;//seconds till midnight, plus 21 hours	}	llSetTimerEvent(t);}default{	state_entry()	{		calculate_time();	}	on_rez(integer start_param)	{		llResetScript();	}	changed(integer change)	{		if(change & CHANGED_REGION_START){			//not sure this is necessary, but it can't hurt			calculate_time();		}	}	timer()//should be 9 pm	{		//do texture stuff		calculate_time();//reset the timer	}}

Then, in the timer event, you just advance your index by one each time, and reset it to 0 if it's reached the end, and set the appropriate texture.

I wondered about region idling, but I have something I made some time ago that fires once a week, at midnight on Sunday Morning, and it doesn't seem to have affected it.    It did start doing some strange stuff for for two weeks a couple of weeks ago, but whatever was causing that I don't think it was region idling because it was firing too early.   But it's back to normal now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.