How many transactions?

Deja Letov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know some of you keep fairly detailed statistics about your sales. You don't have to share L$, but I'm curious what an average number of transactions people are getting (sales) from their stores each month.

I'll share mine for June

Marketplace - 214

In World Shop - 348

Unless you slip up all your transactions, I think it would be hard for some to give an accurate number. Like myself. I have money trees, and some freebie stuff. I get enough every week that I can't really go thru them all and count them, even if I tried. All I can give you is a range.

500-1200 transactions per week

60-125 transactions per week on the MP

This reflects the current situation. In past years, the range was much more narrow, like 1200-1500 transactions per week. It is also worth noting that I don't sell many really cheap items on the MP, so all those sales make a significant difference in my totals. On the other hand, inworld, I have thousands of items for under a hundred lindens.

In the last 30 days I've only had 47 sales in the last 3 weeks I've only had 13.  I don't have inworlds shops any more, they were only about 20% of my sales.  Not sure what happened to the market place 3 weeks ago my search placement is all most the same.  My best selling items which are all so my highest priced have completely stopped selling in the last 3 weeks too.

Ry0ta Exonar wrote:

June

In World : 942

MP : 99

Damn your MP to Inworld sales is awesome! I've been working on that myself since April. Used to be around 75% or more sometimes made up my Marketplace sales and now I float around 40-50%. I'd love to get down around 30% of marketplace sales and 70% in world. You are the man!

Deja Letov wrote:

Ry0ta Exonar wrote:

June

In World : 942

MP : 99

Damn your MP to Inworld sales is awesome! I've been working on that myself since April. Used to be around 75% or more sometimes made up my Marketplace sales and now I float around 40-50%. I'd love to get down around 30% of marketplace sales and 70% in world. You are the man!

Actually his sales figures make a lot of sense. People like to actually go in world to a shop to try on skins where as your items people are more willing to buy based on a listing.

Comparing your numbers to others is comparing apples to oranges unless your comparing figures on like products. 

I could have 1 -10 MP sales a month from my small shop there, and make 1 in world. But that inworld sale is for a complete custom sim that I earn good RL money on creating.  My main business is custom content and services and that takes up a majority of my time leaving just free time to create things for retail sales.  I view MP as just a marketing device and a way to make some random mad money to spend on my avatar or entertainment, while my custom business is my income producer for expenses in SL and RL.

Actually mine are definitely higher in the inworld than on the marketplace. At one point they weren't, but I'm trying to steer myself away from depending so heavily on the Marketplace because well...it's unreliable. My focus has been on marketing in world. Transactions numbers will be different yes, but I'd love to be even lower percentage wise than I am right now and I'm confident it will get there one day.

But when it comes to items with animations, I find people are coming into inworld more and more and not wanting to just take a listing at face value. Take a bed for instance, I rarely sell beds on the marketplace, almost all of them are in world because people wanna see what it can do. Non animated things that may be the case, but I don't think that holds true for items where people can't see what they can do.

Having said that, the main reason I am asking about numbers is just to see the volume people people with a product based (not service or land) business are doing. I do understand in your case that with a service like custom sims the quantity will be lower than a product based business.

Deja Letov wrote:

Yep, I know of your challenge 'cause I was reading your thread.:matte-motes-wink: In addition to what Amethyst said, I put only the demos of most of my skin lines on the marketplace, so if people want to buy the full skins or shapes to match with the skins, they have to come to my in-world shop.  Also not a few skin stores sell the skins only in world still today.

Deja Letov wrote:

Do you actually track your little freebies and money tree type stuff in whatever system you are using to track stuff? Or do you mainly worry about real sales?

lol, no, If I did track them, then I'd be able to give a little more accurate stats. For most of this past month, I've not put any money in the money tree, because there only seemed to be bots using it. So, the stats I posted should be a bit more accurate than normal.

Am I supposed to be counting orders or counting items ordered?

Neither of these things looks like much of a reflection on total net revenue.

On the days where people complain that business is down, I actually see a lot of freebies being ordered, which makes me think a large part of the problem really is not within LL's control.

OTOH, it's possible that people are only ordering freebies because they don't want to risk anything on a delivery system that has already not delivered something else on that day,, or because they're testing to see whether deliveries have started working better yet.

Like women are from Venus and men are from Mars, the rich with lots of money and time on their hands shop in world and the poor who have to work for a living shop on The Marketplace. hehe ;-) I sell about 70 things a month on average and about 90% on The Marketplace. It's weird but every now and then someone comes by my inworld store and buys just about everything I have on display. I figure those are probably the rich peeps entertaining themselves with a shopping bonanza. hehe

Ry0ta Exonar wrote:

Yep, I know of your challenge 'cause I was reading your thread.:matte-motes-wink: In addition to what Amethyst said, I put only the demos of most of my skin lines on the marketplace, so if people want to buy the full skins or shapes to match with the skins, they have to come to my in-world shop.  Also not a few skin stores sell the skins only in world still today.

I actually love that idea! Perfect way to use the marketplace but still keep the bulk of your sales in world. Nice!

Josh Susanto wrote:

OTOH, it's possible that people are only ordering freebies because they don't want to risk anything on a delivery system that has already not delivered something else on that day,, or because they're testing to see whether deliveries have started working better yet.

Unlikely since Direct Delivery delivered products deliver just fine so on that basis, the opportunity for products to deliver more reliably happened 3 months ago for those merchants who can and choose to make their deliveries more reliable to their paying customer.

>Unlikely since Direct Delivery delivered products deliver just fine so on that basis, the opportunity for products to deliver more reliably happened 3 months ago for those merchants who can and choose to make their deliveries more reliable to their paying customer.

Odd you should mention that, since I'm not having any delivery problems, and my regular customers all know that I'm still not using DD.

If there were a marketplace problem, it could presumably ultimately interfere in one way or another with delivery from both boxes and DD, such as the order just not being properly processed by SLM in the first place.

In such a case, we might not even see the missing orders, and when they start being processes again, we might se a disproportionate number of freebie orders submitted as tests, regardless of whether we use boxes or DD.

That's what I was getting at before, and I'm sorry that it was not more clear. 

• 2 weeks later...

This thread made me curious enough to check.

Going back a month from today, Marketplace item sales made up 7.7% of my total combined in world and marketplace sales. 0L$ sales (like my free eye color in each line of eyes, or other item demos) are not included.

Factors to consider:

I don't have anywhere near my full selection of products listed on Marketplace, so keep that in mind. None of my human mesh eyes are listed on MP, and only half of my human system eyes are listed. Eyes (human, neko, and petite) are 90+% of my total sales.

With nearly 140 colors in each of my two main eye series, it's a lot easier to shop the eyes in world where you can see them all on the wall at once arranged by color spectrum; MP doesn't allow that sort of organization for the customer.

There are lots of things you can do to drive sales through your in world location including customer conveniences, in store gifts, and other specials.

Side notes:

LL needs to let us exclude 0L$ Marketplace transactions from getting an email notification; that got old really fast. They also need to give us better filters on Marketplace Reports (all categories) - the ability to filter out 0L$ transactions and look up sales by searching item description or customer name are a must.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.