The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

Official active Lindens who have logged into the forums (on this platform we are using since 2009) will have the last name "Linden" and the hand icon.  First active log in is when that icon will appear.  Also, old/inactive accounts are not removed since it may break conversations if those posts vanished.   Hope that helps clear up the confusion!   

Lexie Linden wrote:

Hi

Official active Lindens who have
logged into the forums
(on this platform we are using since 2009) will have the last name "Linden" and the hand icon.  First active log in is when that icon will appear.  Also, old/inactive accounts are not removed since it may break conversations if those posts vanished.   Hope that helps clear up the confusion!   

That cannot be correct.

What about Steven Linden?

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/612627

It says he just logged in Monday.

Yet, he has no hand.

I've 'styled / themed' forums for companies before, as well as done some moderation for spam / fraud.

Note how Stephen's registration and last login are the same time - that's pretty common for the database to stamp like that when an account has been made but not yet used.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I've 'styled / themed' forums for companies before, as well as done some moderation for spam / fraud.

Note how Stephen's registration and last login are the same time - that's pretty common for the database to stamp like that when an account has been made but not yet used.

Interesting, but his avatar was born in October, does that make a difference?

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Interesting, but his avatar was born in October, does that make a difference?

Another mystery.  Nothing is simple.

Another? It's on page one :matte-motes-not-even: Don't nobody read my links :matte-motes-crying:

don't click

Irene Muni wrote:

When I see
how
LL is managed
, sometimes
I suspect
that there is only
a Linden, the one and only Linden.

He/She uses
a lot of accounts and badges 
to mislead

But I'm not
sure of my
theory .D

can confirm that you absolute exactly right

+

on the only 3 times i ever met a linden inworld to complain at they all said exactly the same thing each time

i cant help you. pls talk to support k

then i said:but i wants talk to u

then they said: can open my profile???

i said: k

and they said: wat u can see???

and i said: ur name and ur pic

and they said: wat else ???

and i said: umm! is a hand thingy

and they said: u seen terminator movie ???

and i say: bleep bleep bleeep

and they say: no! uuuuuuu !!!

+

was exact same conversation with all of them. so i knows they all alts of same person

jejejejjejejeje (:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Hellos peoples of SL,

You know how sometimes you notice a thing and you wonder what's up with that?

Okay then.

Today I see a new arrival in the forums.... maybe I'm saying too much.

Today I did a search for in the forums for 'Linden.'  There are lots of them... well - over six hundred.

Now for the last name Linden they put a special icon - the eye-handi.  That's to tell you it's a real verified Linden.  So that gets me to wondering - who the blue blazes are all those other Lindens?  And why are the Lindens letting them all register here in the forums if they aren't real Lindens?  How does someone who isn't a real Linden get the name Linden?

This is a puzzle for sure.

I show you two name to be clear what is happening (first names removed to protect.. idk what but removed them anyway.)

Lindens.PNG

This has probably been said in this long thread but, incase it hasn't, I'll say it...

It may be that getting the green 'Linden' icon isn't based on the name. It may only be given to those Lindens who are specifically set as Lindens here.

Or it may be that this sytem doesn't set a 'Linden' flag until s/he posts. After that, the flag is set and s/he will always get the green icon.

Both possibilities make sense.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.