Can't get the Couples Dance balls at a Big Daddy's to work

roxyangel007

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Whenever my boyfriend and i got to dance at Big Daddy's we can't get the Couples Dance Balls to work for him. Ihave no problem but he can't get them to animate for him.

He's using SL Viewer Beta (and so am I)

He's turned off his AO (vista AO)

We;ve tried both the Big Dance balls and the smaller ones.

We tried having me or him click onthe balls first and still nothing for him.

He can click on the Blue ball but never gets the popup to say YES to animate.

When he tried the Single Dance Balls...he had no problem.

Granted Big Daddy's always has a lot of lag, but we wait till everything has rezzed and then some.

We used to be able to dance there with no problems ( we met there)......this is a recent problem.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.! Thank you.

4 answers to this question

If you have no issues using couples dance balls elsewhere in SecondLife, you have your answer. Visit those places.

It's up to the owners of Big Daddy's to deal with issues their customers are encountering. You usually can't do anything to correct issues on a Parcel/Region that you are not the owner of.

Let the management of BD's know your issues.

My advise to them is to regularly restart their region.

• Like 3

I agree with Karen's great answer; it sounds like Big Daddy's is a very laggy venue, and your boyfriend might be suffering with all the extra lag because of his own computer's specifications/performance, which normally would be ok, but everyone in the venue is wearing more scripted attachments than they need to be.  Unless the venue owner is willing to education the patrons about reducing script usage, and does carry out regular region restarts to refresh everything, I would think your boyfriend will continue to have this problem from time to time.

Hi Roxy,

i just have the same problem - not at Big Daddy's, but at Runaround Sue's.

It worked until last saturday (July 14th), since then i can't use the couple dance balls any more. My avatar sits on the pink ball, never gets the question to be animated and keeps standing around with "linden ao".

Tried with 4 different viewers - nothing.

Tried with 2 different pc's - nothing.

Took off everything i wore - to be sure, there are no hidden scripts on my av (ok, i left some linden clothing, don't want to get banned there, lol) - nothing.

Tried with two other avatars of me - they can use the dance balls quite normally!!!

I'm confused and despairing .....

Leo

I have the same problem, some dance balls work some dont but they all did before the latest update  of the SL viewer. I just end up sitting on the balls no amimation message....even with a third party viewer. Something changed with the latest update and its not effecting eveyone but certainly some, including me 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.