Things going no phantom?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have gotten three reports from customers saying that suddenly they cannot walk through their sculpted doorways. These were built before it was possible to change the prim's physics type to none, and instead used a script to make prims phantom.  I assume that suddenly something has disabled this script, but I have no idea why or how. 

Did this happen on RC (Magnum) sims where they rolled out Pathfinding (before it was removed)? 

My understanding was after pathfinding rolled out the hack to use VolumeDetect to make the prims phantom would stop working.  However, it was also my understanding that prims that had previously had this hack employed would automatically get converted to the new Physics method. There was a thread about it over on SLU. Please keep us updated if you learn more as several of my builds use this hack as well.

Just had another thought, theere was a second script type that used a different hack to make the child prims phantom.  This one required the script to stay in the prims.  If you are using this one not sure what that pathfinding code changes will do to that hack.

It would be really nice, if when LL makes substantive changes they tell us what they have done, and it would be even nicer that before they make those changes they test them to see their effects, and deal with any problems they cause.  LL needs to remember that the RC changes are not beta channels we pay and pay dearly for their services and were put in them without being asked.  In effect the RC servers and most of SL in general is being treated as a paid beta, and we are not getting the services we are paying for.   This needs to change and change soon or the exodus of players and business from SL will continue and there will be nothing left here other than Lindens and free accounts.

Thank you for the replies.

I don't know if the sims were RC but if I get another report I will ask. I looked for a SLU thread about it but could not find it.  

So far I have told homeowners their options are to reset scripts, re-rez, or make the affected prims Physics type None, and apparently one of those worked because I have heard nothing back.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.