A Forum Dwellers Party Redux - Hippiestock 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

What I saw in the GD forums way back then, was a lot of fun, and also a lot of mudslinging.   So the Hippiestock group took on the philosophy of a hippie.  Such as this “To be a hippie you must believe in peace as the way to resolve differences among peoples, ideologies and religions.  The way to peace is through love and tolerance. Loving means accepting others as they are, giving them freedom to express themselves and not judging them based on appearances. This is the core of the hippie philosophy.”  

So a Forum Dwellers Party (Hippiestock 3) will take place on
January 19th 2013 at Lagrange Spaceport
.  Peace and love all!

Highlighting the date (see above)

For me Hippiestock is about honoring the memory of Max Yasgur, who was a Libertarian in his thoughts and actions: 

"
I hear you are considering changing the zoning law to prevent the festival. I hear you don't like the look of the kids who are working at the site. I hear you don't like their lifestyle. I hear you don't like they are against the war and that they say so very loudly. . . I don't particularly like the looks of some of those kids either. I don't particularly like their lifestyle, especially the drugs and free love. And I don't like what some of them are saying about our government. However, if I know my American history, tens of thousands of Americans in uniform gave their lives in war after war just so those kids would have the freedom to do exactly what they are doing. That's what this Country is all about and I am not going to let you throw them out of our Town just because you don't like their dress or their hair or the way they live or what they believe. This is America and they are going to have their festival.
”  

[Max Yasgur to the Bethel town board prior to the festival]

I'll be there Hippie. 

What a gorgeous sentiment, Celestiall.  I only wish that true tea partiest, such as yourself, would rise above the fray and do something to override the right wing takeover of your brand.  Yikes... this was not the conversation I wished to get into.  I just want you to know that I think you are wonderful and that the more that I've gotten to know you, the more that I have gotten to appreciate you.  Not only can't I wait until I see you at the next Hippiestock, but I can't wait until I see you at my next party... don't worry, I know you'll be late... lol.

...Dres

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sofia4130 wrote:

Can someone contact me in world and let me know how to be a part of this GD forum and this awesome looking par-tay?

peace & thx

-sofia4130

HI Sofia!  I will send you a group invite inworld.  Then you will get info ablut the up coming event!  Far out!

Peace!

• 2 weeks later...

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

What I saw in the GD forums way back then, was a lot of fun, and also a lot of mudslinging.   So the Hippiestock group took on the philosophy of a hippie.  Such as this “To be a hippie you must believe in peace as the way to resolve differences among peoples, ideologies and religions.  The way to peace is through love and tolerance. Loving means accepting others as they are, giving them freedom to express themselves and not judging them based on appearances. This is the core of the hippie philosophy.”  

.  Peace and love all!

For me Hippiestock is about honoring the memory of Max Yasgur, who was a Libertarian in his thoughts and actions: 

"
I hear you are considering changing the zoning law to prevent the festival. I hear you don't like the look of the kids who are working at the site. I hear you don't like their lifestyle. I hear you don't like they are against the war and that they say so very loudly. . . I don't particularly like the looks of some of those kids either. I don't particularly like their lifestyle, especially the drugs and free love. And I don't like what some of them are saying about our government. However, if I know my American history, tens of thousands of Americans in uniform gave their lives in war after war just so those kids would have the freedom to do exactly what they are doing. That's what this Country is all about and I am not going to let you throw them out of our Town just because you don't like their dress or their hair or the way they live or what they believe. This is America and they are going to have their festival.
”  

I'll be there Hippie. 

What a gorgeous sentiment, Celestiall.  I only wish that true tea partiest, such as yourself, would rise above the fray and do something to override the right wing takeover of your brand.  Yikes... this was not the conversation I wished to get into.  I just want you to know that I think you are wonderful and that the more that I've gotten to know you, the more that I have gotten to appreciate you.  Not only can't I wait until I see you at the next Hippiestock, but I can't wait until I see you at my next party... don't worry, I know you'll be late... lol.

...Dres

Just revisiting this thread, as promoted by Hippie's link in the feeds. 

Good grief Dres, I'm not a "tea partiest"...I'm a Libertarian.  The Libertarian party is not beseeched with right wingers, that's the Republican party.  I'm in the political group that wants to legalize almost everything, and let people do almost anything and everything.  Also, we believe in the right of individuals to live free from government tyranny.  That includes not just big government tyrannies, but small government tyrannies too, such as the ones Max Yasgur spoke out against, and acted against. 

Looking forward to Hippiestock 3...see everyone there!  : )

PS:  Any party you throw Dres is one I'll attend, so hope to see you at one in 2013!  

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

.  Peace and love all!

"
”  

I'll be there Hippie. 

...Dres

Just revisiting this thread, as promoted by Hippie's link in the feeds. 

Good grief Dres, I'm not a "tea partiest"...I'm a Libertarian.  The Libertarian party is not beseeched with right wingers, that's the Republican party.  I'm in the political group that wants to legalize almost everything, and let people do almost anything and everything.  Also, we believe in the right of individuals to live free from government tyranny.  That includes not just big government tyrannies, but small government tyrannies too, such as the ones Max Yasgur spoke out against, and acted against. 

Looking forward to Hippiestock 3...see everyone there!  : )

PS:  Any party you throw Dres is one I'll attend, so hope to see you at one in 2013!  

Far out Cel!  See ya at Hippiestock!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.