IT'S WHAT YOU DONT SAY.........

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First off, I know.. I know nothing for a bit, I had ceased writing for a time. Good and bad things have happened but today I’m going to say what most won’t say in SL. People in time have taught me so many things but none prepared me for the day we might actually have a virtual second life. In the 1980’s I swear I was playing with the mouse on an Apple computer with an icon turtle, and BAM! Hello SL. See we have come a long way. Or have we?
        People don’t ever fail to not impress me, I guess cause I’m pessimistic at times and while experiences teach us things in life I feel I must prepare for the good and plan B for the bad so yes there is some negativity there. So lets talk..
        I have lived in a lot of places but people don’t really change. You ever had a best friend that you know everything about and you wake up and she or he acts like they don’t know you? While something new and exciting has come to them your left feeling like **bleep**. And your thinking. ”What wait! Where was I? Arent I good enough? I was special to you. I meant something to you!” but their gone. It really only took a second to think about people’s feelings and say “Beth, I want to try meeting other friends, we have been close but I’m changing so maybe we could try something new.” We don’t take the time to say that and thus it leaves each other hanging. We feel hurt and resentful. When we love someone close to us, they take off leaving us with no closure. Again “What did I do? Did I say something? Does he or she not love me anymore? If only I was like that other **bleep**… or had more of his money or was home more, or had her success.” it leads to more crying and anger and resentment. We as people never stop to talk about feelings. OMG FEELINGS!…there is that horrific word just as deadly as “Babe ..we need to talk” face palms. “YOU ..mhmm you. in the back row..where are you slinking off to? Last I checked this wasn’t a marriage proposal I was discussing an issue! “ I must yell.
    Men are notorious for never wanting to discuss issues. For fear you will turn into a raging maniac. It was that one **bleep**ing sock that you left on the floor that just pissed us off after falling down the steps trying to get 5 kids ready, Bernard barfed up his breakfast, a shoe “fell” in the fish tank, the cat smashed the toilet seat,  no gas money till we searched 10 of your jackets, you got your monthy, breast exam appt., Mom was yelling you cut your hair,  picking up the budget plans, pictures, parking the bosses car, getting slammed with 30 files before 5 and dinner, yeah well the hell with that cause that gas money you saved- its going to a bloody Kentucky Fried Chicken meal!….yup.              
        Seriously it wasn’t you we were mad at it was just a bad day and we are sorry  and yes your hair and suit looked fabulous and yes you COULD put the socks in the laundry bin. Is what we really want to say and that we in fact just need a hug to reassure us you love us. And you need to get new fish. Women just need to shorthand things to men, and start off with “I love you and just wanted to say….”
        In SL people don’t seem to think that feelings don’t apply that we are just avatars that are here to interact. Forget the FEELINGS that are behind the avatar and that in the game of SL or world, or life you have- however you do view it. Now there are some jackasses who get on just to be jackasses. But really the same rules do apply in SL as in RL. I mean lets face it you get up, you have a house, you go out, or your have land, pay rent, have friends, have a lover, partner, you conduct business, create , buy things, party, or sex and have relationships. So in essence conduct yourself properly. I have seen though the newbies, some are just cute and just don’t know where they are going but are polite, and others I’m not sure where they are headed. There was one dude in a sim who was nude, in a forced sex sim standing there looking a bit handsome so I merely said hello. Ohh  the horror… he screamed, cursed at me telling me he wasn’t there for sex, he was at work, he was buzy. Ok first off I was like “At the office- work??? Doing what? In a forced sex sim? Don’t get rude I said hello. If you used up all that styling gel being busy that’s not my problem they have that at the dollar store! Bye” was my basic reply. Ok that’s not nice but I’m sure I don’t want to know where HE was headed that morning. And maybe without the styling gel. A simple “Sorry I’m caught up another time love?” would have been fine.  Again consideration and just a simple answer.
        Ok lets get to something else. The “God” Syndrome. Some of us create, build, define, and are excellent combat players, roleplayers. I know a few top girl designers I wont be caught going out of my SL house without. They are that good. Builders that take the cake, sim owners that make you feel like your living RL.  Roleplayers that break the mold roleplaying on 2-5 avi’s at once. Yes you are talented and you have earned the right to be recognized. How they treat people is sometimes atrocious. I met a guy that said he doesn’t make mistakes. He was perfect. But he wants to be a doctor. Something wrong with this picture? Mhmm my thoughts exactly. But I shot him in combat. He got mad. Some people let power go to their head. Bossy, mean, and rude, thinking people are supposed to kiss their ass. Last time I checked it wasn’t gold, nor something we pray to. Well maybe J-Lo’s.  Someone should have told that person to sit their ass down someplace and stop being one, get a breath mint, take a Xanax, and have a real good therapy session. I’ll pay. Looks around………. “Yes I know you have a Yale degree but there are some people who did graduate from that  fine School and still aren’t working! Its not to say you did not succeed in applying yourself cause.. You did!” a simple nod that we did appreciate his/her fine efforts in graduating is all they needed to feel like “I am worth something again.” People need to take the time to appreciate how hard people work to have what they do, create and the time and money it takes. It’s obnoxious when people have to hear about how great someone is cause they want something from someone or feel that they have to ass kiss. I used to cry and get upset till a man came around and said in SL “Cut that crying out. All you have to do is believe in yourself. that’s all.  If you cant do it try again. And again and over and over till you get it. Nobody wants to hear that crying. Get the hell up now.“  So, I worked harder. And I don’t kiss nobody’s ass for what I have. Know your worth and be humble about it. Its not the suit that makes the man/woman, its their character.
        Relationships. That word again. Sees a man slink off. “She wont talk to me, she thinks im an as cause I’m shy!” he explains. The woman next to his says “Listen this fool cheats and comes back around looking cute and I cant take it no more!” ok fine. “You know what SL relationships are just as heavy. We find someone who makes us happy and then the problems start. I been married for 2 yrs in SL on a Main. Yep. He just off and goes RL at times and I’m left. You might have to work at SL love thingy. Everyone get lonely, we want to be needed and loved. But at what price? He cheats, he is too shy, She loves another, He hits, She cheats, He has slave girls who get jealous, I got one word. Communication. We say what we will do but emotions trap us. Mhmm they do. If we can just be clear and simply say “I was lonely and I scewed up, I am shy so maybe you can help me, I’m not gonna let you hit me anymore so I’m going, I’m not ever going to be loving just one woman or you I love a lot of girls so this is up to you, I had enough of your drama and stupid petty crap so I’m out this!, you’re a mean and rude and selfish girl and I really don’t need to be around you, you insult me goodbye.”
        The words we say and use in SL are just as powerful as RL. You hurt people and make people feel good too. You abuse your power and insult others. And make others proud to be your friend. In relationships people hurt and find a lot of love and understanding. So before you say those next words out of your mouth , think of that person behind the avatar. :matte-motes-bashful:

SYRENI BARONY.©©©2012

Syo Emerald wrote:

Can someone give me the short version? :catfrustrated:

Umm...sure...

BFF has better life and that sux

Husband has to be talked to like an attention starved toddler

Dead Fish

No Gas Money

Lonely

All we need is love

SL is not a game

Gonna eat bucket chicken

Syreni Barony wrote:

People don’t ever fail to not impress me, I guess cause I’m pessimistic...

Your second clause is unneccessary.  Your pessimism is inherent in your triple-negative sentence structure and the sentiment it expresses.

It occurs to me that to be so lacking in boundaries, so dependent on every other for attention, affection, affirmation, direction, identity, recognition, validation and closure in two worlds and over so many decades...that it must be exhausting to be you.  Good luck in the rest of your travels.

Syreni Barony wrote:

It was that one **bleep**ing sock that you left on the floor that just pissed us off

If you'd been taking better care of me in bed I wouldn't have needed to use that sock.

wow amazing post love it!

my only advice is we all create our experiences together - why were u in a sex sim? u think nice men would be there? also, second life is a relationship role playing game for some - never forget its a game - more than a game? thats up to the people involved

life is good and bad experiences, the world is made up of good and bad people and everything in between, the question is what are you creating in this world, how much of your experience is caused by you and your choices and actions?

all u need is love - john lennon

Reader's Digest....truncating articles since ...well hell, a long time. I'm sure you have a lot of good stuff in there you said (or didn't say, I dunno I'm easily confused) but we got a short attention span love.

Okay, couple of things. First...don't write late at night when you have all those thoughts rolling in your head. They'll only make sense to you, no one else. Trust me, I know this.

Second, don't expect people to change or have good behavior. The only thing you have any sort of control over is yourself and your own emotions.

Ima Rang wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

Can someone give me the short version? :catfrustrated:

Umm...sure...

BFF has better life and that sux

Husband has to be talked to like an attention starved toddler

Dead Fish

No Gas Money

Lonely

All we need is love

SL is not a game

Gonna eat bucket chicken

ROFL

• 4 weeks later...

Perrie Juran wrote:

Syreni Barony wrote:

It was that one **bleep**ing sock that you left on the floor that just pissed us off

If you'd been taking better care of me in bed I wouldn't have needed to use that sock.

Better that you not be known as a sock puppet... right?

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.