Orientation Island Help?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry if this was in the wrong area, but my question does pertain to a land. So we all know Orientation is a no push, no script, no rezz area, yet for the past few weeks when I go there, I am being pushed (quite far) by some griefers. How is this possible in such an area? And an even better question, how can I avoid it without having to sit on something, teleport out, or muting?

Thanks for taking the time to read; look forward to your replies.

they are wearing whats generally referred to as a Brash kicker or a Brash follower

the Brash kicker works by them standing directly in front of you. it pushes their avatar forward at force/impulse. bc each avatar is the same mass/weight then the impulse is transferred to you. so when their mass/weigh hits you they stop and the impulse/force is applied to you. is how physics works. SL emulate that

for it to work effectively they have to be standing square on to you. if they come in at an angle then a ricochet can occur. they slide off you and end up go flying themselfs

a funny way can deal with it is: can walk in strafe mode. like: shift+left/right arrow key. with back/fwd arrow as well then can walk in random right angles. the idea is to anticipate when they going to apply impulse and move left or right. so they catch on ur side or miss altogether and woosh away they go. jejejejje (:

+

the Brash follower does the same thing except is scripted to move them to you and then appy force/impulse. it keeps doing this until they cancel the action

+

a anti-push like Amethyst mention will counter a Brash.  anti-push also called movelock. movelock works by moving you back to the position you were before you was pushed. bc a movelock use the same max impulse/force as a pusher then they cancel each other out

+

with a Brash  follower can do what i do if you like. when you targetted then Fly up above the other person. what happens is that they end up directly under you and you both start going straight up. even if you stop pressing any keys. the follower script is tracking you from direct below and is pushing straight up

can deal with it as you want after that. if AR then is easy photo to take. if like me then i just say woohoo!!! am going to take you way way way upto the sky \o/

when they break off then dbl click ground teleport

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.