Marketplace Suggestions - Not sure where to send them...

Kilolo Jenkins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been looking through the marketplace a lot lately,  and found that our categories are a bit askew and need some streamlining and maybe a little more separatism...especially for child/family friendly items.

While a lot of content creators (CC) have gotten really good about labeling their items (thank you content creators :)), there is still a bigger disparity I'm noticing in some categories when seeking stuff for children.

Below are some examples:

templates:  Templates are currently held under two main categories: Apparel and Building Components.  This is an item that should all be located under either its own main category (since more and more clothing makers are emerging) OR consolidate the items into one location instead of two-five.  Within that category, perhaps make a subcategory that is specifically for children's templates.  Makes it a little easier to find.

Skins:  Thankfully we can only find our skins in one location (Avatar Appearance).  However, inside of that, there's only about 3 categories: male, female and unisex.  While that's great and all, the more popular searches are for adult skins.  it makes it harder for one who's looking for a children's skin to find one; especially when one types in child/ren and gets grown women or grown men skins.  The field is narrow by way of quantity, but still should be highlighted so people can find their stuff easier.

Those are specific issues.  But overall...the distribution of where we label our things for marketplace has been and can be incredibly confusing. I've listened to many a friend who sells their items via marketplace try to figure out the best place to put things and end up placing their stuff in the wrong category because after a while they just pick one.

Things that are supposed to be for adults are landing in children categories and items that are completely NOT related are showing up in unrelated categories.

Does anyone know off hand if the search categories are going to be worked on or streamlined?  Where do we go to find that information? Thanks.

Good question. I have no idea where to send them either. I wish LL would give us a submit sugestions route of some sort.

Other then posting here, we seem to have either "Help(Support) Tickets" or "Jira" neither of which seems to like pure sugestions, they just get thrown out.

A few things I have noticed:

1) what you metioned items listed in mutiple locations & the need for more sub-catagories.

One posble solution would be to cros index those another would be a link on this pages to the other related catagory.

2) The behavior of searching best selling is not what users expect. I am not sure if this a is a bug or a design flaw, or if possibly users need a better explination of what "best selling" means in search. it certainly does not match what we see in our shop statistics under best selling.

3) Merchants could use better statistics info oganized in more useful ways,

4) there should be a directway to flag a transaction from marketplace records as needing to be investigated from LLs end other then making a suport ticket under the genral help section.   

5) a method to filter out certain results from search, demos being one example.

These are just few examples.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.