buy USD for my SL account

Kaylan Draken

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is always have some USD in my sl accounto pay for the land tier.

Now i buy Lindens with my CC and then sell it to get USD in my SL account but is there a way to buy directly USD to my SL Account?

Now i pay 2 times a fee (for seling Lindens and for buying Lindens) and you get less USD for lindens then when you buy it.

So it would be handy if i could buy directly USD for in my sl account or to have a option to split wha ti buy for example 50% lindens and 50% USD for in my SL account.

In the billing info for your account, you can provide both paypal and credit card details, there you can also select which of those methods of payment is used to pay for various things including, buying L$'s, paying for land and increasing your US $ credit.

You might want to look there as that will do what you want already.

The creditcard you place under billing is used to for buying Lindens or pay your monty Tier.

But i want to buy USD so my creditcard isnt used for Tiers unless i havent enough USD in my account.

Is there a way to increase my USD without first buy and then selling Lindens?

Let me see if I understand this then, you want to DEPOSIT USD into your SL account where it will just sit, for this you'd use a credit card but you don't want to have $0 there and have LL bill the credit card when they need to?

I'm sure there's a reason why but I don't know that you can just place USD on deposit in that case.  I can't understand why just having LL take the money isn't suitable but you have a reason no doubt.

the reason is that the bank add a fee for payments  that is in other valuta below a certain anmont.

With i pay a tier from about 18 usd they add 2.5 euro extra.

If i pay once in a while directly to my account then i dont have to pay that fee every month.

• 1 year later...

Well SL has taken away the ability to INCREASE CREDIT (put real money) on you SL account now, and I don't know why.  I have an ISLAND to pay for each month and I usually just up my USD level on my account using different sources, not all the same single source, and by putting it there on my SL account it's nice and ready for my tier without my accidently spending it for something else.  Now, I have to scramble to pull together money and get it all consolodated into one outside  format which is really difficult..  I'm really upset because I've been a private region owner for years and this totally screws me over on a lot of levels in trying to keep up with my island tier.  Now I either have to buy lindens (pay fees for that) so i can convert it to USD, just so I can pay that to LL for my Tier, or madly try and get income from a half dozen different tiny sources together into one source for LL to auto deduct from that :(

LL is screwing over tier payors by doing this.  Are they trying to double dip by making us buy lindens and then using those converted lindens for tier ???  Cuz that's how it seems.

Bliss Crimson wrote:

LL is screwing over tier payors by doing this.  Are they trying to double dip by making us buy lindens and then using those converted lindens for tier ???  Cuz that's how it seems.

You could place a limit buy order at a riduculous rate and then cancel it.

I haven't tried this myself so I don't know if this will work as a way to build your U.S. Dollar balance.  Just an idea I had.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.