Sign in to follow this  
danicah

can cheating be considered 'dating'?

A friend of mine caught her man cheating on her, but he says he had a bad concience when he did it, and was only "playing" with her. Well, when she caught him they didn't actually have sex but they were playing already...

Now she told me that he was "dating" her and she was dumped. But after they broke up, he was single (and the other girl too). And he wanted her back right away, but she didnt want him back...

Doesn't make sense to me: My friend says, her man went off with a new "girlfriend" and dumped her... But to me it sounds like he was "only cheating", because after they broke up her man and his "affair" were both single. And she even found a completely different man, while he (the cheater) stayed single.

I mean, if she really had been his new gf then they probably would have stayed together, right? But my friend keeps saying that he was dating her, and he denies it...

So can cheating be considered "dating"? Or no? I mean apparently they were not together, so how can it be dating then?

Let me see if I got this right.

'Him' and 'her' were one.
'Her' caught 'him' with a different one.
'Him' said him was playing.
'Her' said 'him' was cheating.
'Her', 'him', and 'different one' did not have sex.

'Him' dumped 'her' before 'him' was with 'different one.'
'Him' was now single.
'Her' was now single.
'Different one' was single.
'Him' wanted 'her' back after 'him' dumped 'her'.
'Her' didn't want 'him' back.

'Her' told *you* 'him' and 'different one' ran away together.
'Her' told *you* 'him' dumped 'different one.'

*You* can't make sense of him, her, or different one.
*You* think 'him' was only cheating.
Because 'her', 'him,' and 'different one' were all single.
'Her' also found a 'different one' too
'Him,' being a cheater, stayed single.

*You* want to know if 'different one' (not 'her' different one) had really been 'him' girlfriend *you* think 'different one' and 'him' would" still be one, right?
But 'her' insists 'him' and 'different one' were dating.
'Him' denies it.

*You* ask now if cheating is considered dating?
Because 'him' and 'her' were single, so how could it be considered dating.

/blinks

In Second Life you are allowed to date as many people as you would like to as long as they don't find out about each other. I believe the slogan is "Your world, your imagination." :matte-motes-inlove: In all seriousness, this happens quite frequently here. So call it whatever you like.

Storm Clarence wrote:

'Him' was now single.

'Her' was now single.

*You* want to know if 'different one' (not 'her' different one) had really been 'him' girlfriend *you* think 'different one' and 'him' would" still be one, right?

'Him' denies it.

/blinks

Will there be a test on this later?

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

TY Storm for breaking that down for us.

edit:  Perhaps the crime here is "acting single without sufficiently mourning the lost relationship."  I'm sure we all remember that tune "Mourning has Broken"

They all should have waited till at least Monday!

oh i see. So another words, if i go to a club and a guy (partnered or not) is hitting on me and we end up having sex, then we are actually dating? Even if its just a one night stand?

Oh well... maybe its just post break up drama then...

Storm Clarence wrote:

'Him' was now single.

'Her' was now single.

'Him' denies it.

/blinks

This would make a great country song Storm.  I suggest you copyright it.:smileylol:

they should just chil and have a 3 way..cause everythings ok in a three way

unless i misunderstood the OP

:P

danicah wrote:

oh i see. So another words, if i go to a club and a guy (partnered or not) is hitting on me and we end up having sex, then we are actually dating? Even if its just a one night stand?

Oh well... maybe its just post break up drama then...

Call it whatever you like because someone else will agree with you and someone else will disagree.

danicah wrote:

A friend of mine caught her man cheating on her, but he says he had a bad concience when he did it, and was only "playing" with her. Well, when she caught him they didn't actually have sex but they were playing already...

Now she told me that he was "dating" her and she was dumped. But after they broke up, he was single (and the other girl too). And he wanted her back right away, but she didnt want him back...

Doesn't make sense to me: My friend says, her man went off with a new "girlfriend" and dumped her... But to me it sounds like he was "only cheating", because after they broke up her man and his "affair" were both single. And she even found a completely different man, while he (the cheater) stayed single.

I mean, if she really had been his new gf then they probably would have stayed together, right? But my friend keeps saying that he was dating her, and he denies it...

So can cheating be considered "dating"? Or no? I mean apparently they were not together, so how can it be dating then?

Well, the answer is simple: just because.

And also what Storm said.

Perrie Juran wrote

Will there be a test on this later?

Venus Petrov wrote

I could not follow the OP.

I got a headache.

I followed your summary.

I still have a headache.

: |

I could not follow the OP, and I could not follow Storm's summary.. I hope to god there won't be a test on it later.

When there is Drama, more Drama will come. When the is no Drama, it will be introduced. There isn't much rationale when it comes to feelings, and it's close to impossible to steer or ague about them. Drop it all and live a happy SL.

Its just Drama, some people love drama, well let them have it. I have a nice story too.

To make it short: My ex-wife accused me of having a girlfriend behind her back, which wasn't true. I didnt get a chance to talk to anyone, and they banned me very fast too without even listening to me. But I was "only cheating" once, and even without having sex, but it was still cheating. I had written it allover my profile and even in the SL forums stating very clear that we were not dating, but nobody believed me. That other girl was after me, but i didnt want her. I was only pleasuring her once. But that girl told my wife that we screwed, well can she prove it? No she can't. But i am just playing along and pretending we had sex, thats the best i can do. My Ex-wife believes so, well so be it. I dont want to argue, and sometimes its better to just shut up.

But to this day, even 7 months after we broke up i never had anymore girlfriends, and i am strictly against pixel-sex in SL. I can have sex in RL as often as i want to, and its more fun in RL too.

My Ex-Wife was truly the last girlfriend i had in SL. But she didnt trust me. And i told her if she ever wants me back then she (and only she) can have me anytime. I dont want anyone else in SL but her. Honestly!

I may be a man, but i am not afraid to tell a woman "No, i wont go any further..."

Now that i think about it, i would say Yes, cheating and dating are about the same thing.

Advice to all the men who are cheating: Be careful and don't get caught. If your partner only 'suspects' that you had an affair, or even sex, and if they believe you did, even if you didn't then there is no way you can prove them wrong.

Danica...your post is really mind blowing...

Perrie Juran...i love your signature (wink)

My answer is

If you are not partnered.....then being with someone is DATING

If you are partnered...then being with someone is CHEATING...because there should be no rooms for dating anymore unless you are not happy with your current partner that you try to look for another but still its CHEATING...also unless if you dont have a conscience then that would just be DATING for you.

Docseree Mistwalker wrote:

If you are not partnered.....then being with someone is DATING

If you are partnered...then being with someone is CHEATING...because there should be no rooms for dating anymore unless you are not happy with your current partner that you try to look for another but still its CHEATING...also unless if you dont have a conscience then that would just be DATING for you.

yeah thats what i thought it was.

So maybe my friend was just thinking that her man was dating her, or idk.

Thanks for all your answers. :)

Very simple solution to issues like these .. Be upfront about your intention if someone shows interest in you. You know .. just simply say, I'm a big ole ho bag or I'm really very loyal. This way, you know what you're getting from the get go .. On the other hand, I'm about to counter my own point as there are so many dishonest people on the internet. So really, you might be screwed either way .. pardon the pun :P

All in all, I suppose everyone should just do what they want too but if you get crushed in the end, don't be shocked. It's a virtual environment where the consequences are nothing like rl and people are keenly aware of that fact..

As for your question "Is cheating, dating?" No, cheating is cheating ... & dating is dating. They are not really interchangable situations.

As for the post written by Storm Clarence:

'Him' was now single.
'Her' was now single.

'Him' denies it.

/blinks

I hope there isn't a test on this either .. But seeing this transformed into a Haiku might be fun!

Docseree Mistwalker wrote:

Even this answer is too black and white. Not all partnerships are exclusive, or considered a marriage type of deal... while some are never listed on each other's profiles at all but still have a close, monogamous relationship.

So many grey lines in peoples stories now adays. If you go with another girl, most girls will take that as cheating weather or not you ment to do anything with that girl or not. If your into that sort of thing, tell your gf right away at the begining of the relationship if you plan on doing that. If she cant handle it, then either refrain from it, or just remain friends. Its a guidelines and boundries issue that can be resolved by talking about it before you do it. That way even if you did do that, they could expect it and not be as hurt about it. Anyway, thats my 2 sense on tha, and also don't date if you are going to do that. That just creates baggage for the next guy that they date.