mesh hair attachment

Sigren Panthar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When the option to wear is chosen with hair, it should attach to scull. 

Right hand is the default position if no other attachment point has been specified.

Detach hair and from inventory select Attach to > Scull (by right clicking on the item in inventory)

Is the anime hair made for the anime head she is using? This could be a problem, if the hair is made for either the default avi head or a specific creator's anime head, or even one particular head that that creator makes, if he or she makes more than one model. She may have to adjust the size of the anime head, or find an anime head made by the creator of the hair.

That's the bad thing about mesh, and the reason many SL users refuse to use mesh. Rigged mesh, most often used for hair and clothing, cannot be resized, so you have to alter your avatar's shape or deal with poor fit.

As for attaching to her hand, as someone else said, have her choose "attach to" and then "skull." If it still doesn't work right, and she is using the anime head made by the creator of the hair (or if the creator of the hair doesn't have a head to go with it), then she should contact the creator.

The only way around the fitting problem is to change the avatar shape to fit the mesh.  It's very important to try the demo with mesh, make sure it fits before you buy. If the creator does not have demos, don't waste your money, too many mesh items 

Changing the attachement point is easy, but will have no effect on the fit of the mesh.  I would attach it to my skull, since I like to have my hands free, but you could just as well attach it to your nose or your left foot, the fit will not be affected at all.

Yes, I know. I was referring to if the hair does not rotate correctly when reattached to the skull. I had this happen once with a skirt that attached to my hand; when I reattached it to my stomach, it was backwards! Thankfully I could rotate it, but rigged mesh cannot be rotated.

The mesh is rigged and fitted to an avatar with a different head size. You're hosed. A rigged mesh fits itself where it's "supposed" to be wherever it is attached to. You can attach it anywhere you want and it will appear in the same place and it isnt resizable, it sizes itself on attach to the dimensions relative to your avatar bones that the creator specified. It only attaches to the right hand on wear because thats the default and the creator didnt bother to change it.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

How crazy.

Just now I kept wondering why my mesh pants disappeared every time I wore a fancy shopping bag to unpack it.

I checked, and sure enough, my pants are worn on my right hand!

I generally attach them where they make sense but for fun, giving someone a skirt that attaches to "nose" has a certain devilish element, especially when seen by a non mesh viewer user. :P

Sassy Romano wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

How crazy.

Just now I kept wondering why my mesh pants disappeared every time I wore a fancy shopping bag to unpack it.

I checked, and sure enough, my pants are worn on my right hand!

I generally attach them where they make sense but for fun, giving someone a skirt that attaches to "nose" has a certain devilish element, especially when seen by a non mesh viewer user.
:P

Hahaha :matte-motes-evil-invert:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.